Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference Between Lindby Multibar and HD Mustache?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:32 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Difference Between Lindby Multibar and HD Mustache?

I see there is a slight design difference, and the HD bar is $30 cheaper than the Lindby Multibar, but other than that ... what are the differences? Is Lindby any stronger?Why choose one over the other?

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:08 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Difference Between Lindby Multibar and HD Mustache?

Just how it looks, I got the lindey for my RK, liked how it looked and functions like it should.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the HD mustache bar and love the way it looks on the bike. My only complaint with the bar is that the rubber foot rests are glued to the chrome. The glue deteriorated in hot weather and the foot rests almost fell off. A reglue with Liquid Nails seems to have resolved that problem. I recently installed the HD highway pegs on the bar and don't know how I lived without them. The bar is rigid enough to do what it is supposed to do. I laid the bike on its side in the garage to make sure I could right it, and the bar held the bike perfectly.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys ... I've been going back and forth between the HD and Lindby, and I think I'm leaning toward the HD Mustache. With the 10% off I get at my dealer then the price is not too bad. And I like the less "sharp" look of the HD guard a little more than the Lindby. I just didn't want to go for something to find out the quality wasn't as good or it didn't hold the weight as well.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Wldtat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: doc_cj

Thanks guys ... I've been going back and forth between the HD and Lindby, and I think I'm leaning toward the HD Mustache. With the 10% off I get at my dealer then the price is not too bad. And I like the less "sharp" look of the HD guard a little more than the Lindby. I just didn't want to go for something to find out the quality wasn't as good or it didn't hold the weight as well.
I had the same debate with myself, and ended up going with the HD Mustache bar. I had read a few posts regarding the finish on the Linbar not holding up well. That coupled with the price I got on the HD Mustache bar at Chicago HD (check there if you plan on getting one, about $40.00 cheaper than my local dealer even with my 10% hog discount). Turned out to be excellent quality, and a perfect fit on my Heritage Classic. Next I'm going to add some pegs to the outside as mentioned above.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:00 AM
waterdog
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wldtat

I had the same debate with myself, and ended up going with the HD Mustache bar. I had read a few posts regarding the finish on the Linbar not holding up well. That coupled with the price I got on the HD Mustache bar at Chicago HD (check there if you plan on getting one, about $40.00 cheaper than my local dealer even with my 10% hog discount). Turned out to be excellent quality, and a perfect fit on my Heritage Classic. Next I'm going to add some pegs to the outside as mentioned above.
Pics guys. Come on now - we need some pics to see how good they look on your scoot.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard a complaint on the Lindby's , if you like extra footpegs there's the Twinbar to consider , it has them built in . It's nice to see the multibar offered in black powder coat too