General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My broken 2007 softail deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:59 PM
shortyroy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My broken 2007 softail deluxe

I just bought 07' softail deluxe...Loved it for about 100 miles...I went to get on it friday morning to ride it to work and it made some loud noises inside and then itstarted...It was back firing and smoking bad...Took it to dealer this morning they dynode and stuff and said there is no compression in front cyclinder...This bike has 100 miles and now what? am I going to have a brand new patched up bike or should they give me a new one? Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do...or has anyone experieced this? Im not picky or a big complainer...But I just spent close to 20k for this bike and its broke? Help anyone!!! Thanks, Roy

Old 08-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My broken 2007 softail deluxe

First of all, the repair or replacement of the engine is without any cost to you. Basically, this will be an inconvience to you, so all you're out is riding time. Most likely, you can talk them into a loaner bike to use until yours is fixed. Secondly, your problem can be something as simple as a stuck valve due to a tight guide. Even if its something worse, I wouldn't consider a proper repair, "a patched up bike". It's better this happened now while under factory warranty. My experience with HD has always been positive. They replaced the engine in my '03 within the first 250 miles due to a broken cam chain. Never had a problem with that bike again. Have a little faith that they will due the right thing.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

"Help anyone!!!" ??? Nothinganybody herecan do for you, except maybe suggest sealing the front spark plug with JB weld; make sure to squirt some in the cylinder to seat the rings before installing the spark plug. Guaranteed to solve your problem, and it won't void your warranty.

Anothertroll here had good luck usingJB weldfor an oil leak.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 AM
brubo
Advanced

welcome to HD

Old 08-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Check your states Lemon Laws, start with the BBB or DMV

Make sure you get a CONPLETE repair not just a patch job.

Be firm, be nice and know your rights.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Time2ride

"Help anyone!!!" ??? Nothinganybody herecan do for you, except maybe suggest sealing the front spark plug with JB weld; make sure to squirt some in the cylinder to seat the rings before installing the spark plug. Guaranteed to solve your problem, and it won't void your warranty.

WTF?

Old 08-12-2007, 06:28 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Maybe its time to upgrade to the 103" and have them deduct the cost of the warranty fix?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
racinjason
Cruiser

If i was you i would make them buy it back. A friend of mine bought a 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra, before he even picked the bike up they had to rebuild the motor. Of course they did not tell him what was wrong. Like a dummy he said do it. Well now that thing is nothing but trouble. Then he wanted them to take it back. They told him they could not buy it back now because he gave them permission to rebuild it. So now he's stuck with it. If you let them fix it, make sure before they touch it you make them show you exactly what is wrong and how they are going to fix it.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior

[sm=badidea.gif]

Bike is under factor warranty...let them fix it.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nadil

[sm=badidea.gif]

Bike is under factor warranty...let them fix it.
Exactly. Why come here looking for help? It's downright STUPID to ask for help on an internet forum when a brand new vehicle has a problem like he described, which it probably doesn't. Just another troll bashing Harley's and some people take every post as the gospel truth and start screaming lemon law and I'd make the bastards buy it back,etc...

Quick Reply: My broken 2007 softail deluxe