General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quickest Production Bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Fatboy69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quickest Production Bike

They Hayabusa corners fine, it was built for straight line speed not the curvy track. I've owned a Hayabusa and by far it's probably going to be the most fun bike I'll ever own. Kawasaki has a new beast out that's supposed to spank it but next year they are supposed to redesign the Hayabusa so we'll see. Hayabusa was the king for several years then the liter bikes started catching up on HP numbers but not on the throw you back in the seat torque. The 1999 and 2000 models are unrestricted and are supposed to go 194-196 models after that are restricted to 186. Before the hayabusa I had a GSXR600 and the insurance on the hayabusa was cheaper 370 every 6 months still higher than the Fatboy. I really don't think anyones blood was boiling over a non street leagal bike.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 05FXD

ORIGINAL: pococj

Here's one to tell all your metric riding friends. Guess who makes the quickest production bike? Harley Freakin' Davidson! They're making a V-Rod set up for the strip that has already run a low 9 second 1/4 mile.

(But don't tell 'em it ain't street legal.)
Damn it only costs $31,249 ,maybe I'll get 2 , lol .

[IMG]local://upfiles/1483/21072CEFB037490CA015642759E48253.jpg[/IMG]
I wonder if I'd have trouble parking with that thinggy on the back.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:09 AM
ColoradoGlide
Road Master

ORIGINAL: pococj

Here's one to tell all your metric riding friends. Guess who makes the quickest production bike? Harley Freakin' Davidson! They're making a V-Rod set up for the strip that has already run a low 9 second 1/4 mile.

(But don't tell 'em it ain't street legal.)
Four out of the top Five. You watch, next year
Suzuki will be crying. They will say the V-Twins
have an unfair advantage and want restrictions
on the HOGS.

NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle
Position Driver Points PB Make
01 Andrew Hines 1,100 *Harley-Davidson
02 GT Tonglet 989 -111 Harley-Davidson
03 Angelle Sampey 965 -135 Suzuki
04 Ryan Schnitz 959 -141 Buell
05 Chip Ellis 943 -157 Buell
06 Antron Brown 901 -199 Suzuki
07 Craig Treble 788 -312 Suzuki
08 Geno Scali 768 -332 Suzuki
09 Steve Johnson 742 -358 Suzuki
10 Karen Stoffer 728 -372 Suzuki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ho hum, can't see any general production HD being quicker than any general production metric bullit. I'm no expert but I do know this , my son has an 03 CBR600F4i, he has blistered my 883, my best buds 05 1200 and some stranger on a Buel. When I say blistered, I mean a severe spankin'. He has a Hindle slip on exhaust, other than that it's stock, both my 883 has SEII's slip ons and the 1200 has V&H pipes plus air cleaner don't know what the Buel had done if anything. But then again the only bike that should be comparable is the Buel right?
but if a 600 can do that I'd hate to see what a 1000RR or 1000GSXR would do. And I hate metric bullits

Old 11-13-2005, 01:05 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The guy who works at the parts counter at our delaership as a sporty that he built that regularly stomps 600 sportbikes stoplight to stoplight. Of course it left stock years ago.......

By the way, the metric racing teams are already fighting to level the playing field, as the twins get a weight advantage in addition to the cc displacement advantage.

joe

Old 11-13-2005, 01:34 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Insane Busa Movie

ORIGINAL: SteveB

I found it! A Busa pegging the speedo at 220+ mph and doing a 1 wheel salute all the way up to 120+ mph. The link is below.
http://www.birkholtz.net/UpOnOne_320KmH.wmv

After watching the video, I must say that I would have a hard time believing that that bike is stock. I know that people are turbocharging them now.......there's a guy in town here that kept his all stock, except ported and polished the head, but still using the stock exhaust, and he told me that it doesn't wheelie, if you snap the throttle it just spins the rear wheel. The thing that is amazing is how stable the bike is at speed. He MUST have a front fork stabalizer. At that speed you're in the hands of the Lord, because if you go down, you're DEAD.

joe

Old 11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Fatboy69
Advanced

ORIGINAL: traveler

He MUST have a front fork stabalizer[/quote]

All of the Suzuki rockets have them from the factory.
Once you warm up the back tire I promise you it will pull the front up and over if you're not careful.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Minuteman
Stage III

ORIGINAL: Bigbender

A friend of mine purchased a '99 Hyabusa several years ago. I'm only going by what he told me... but he claims that the '99 Hyabusa is (or was two years ago) the fastest production motorcycle ever made. He said that all model years after '99 had horsepower restrictions applied by some branch of the United States government. Is this true ?
No. But Suzuki put an electronic control (often called the "wheelie wire") to limit output (think it retarded spark) in the lower gears. It is easily disabled. Supposedly they'll run a 9.5 1/4 without the wire, while stock is around 10. Which manufacturers have which systems in which speeds, I dunno: Kawasaki does something similar.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: traveler

ORIGINAL: SteveB

I found it! A Busa pegging the speedo at 220+ mph and doing a 1 wheel salute all the way up to 120+ mph. The link is below.
http://www.birkholtz.net/UpOnOne_320KmH.wmv

After watching the video, I must say that I would have a hard time believing that that bike is stock. I know that people are turbocharging them now.......there's a guy in town here that kept his all stock, except ported and polished the head, but still using the stock exhaust, and he told me that it doesn't wheelie, if you snap the throttle it just spins the rear wheel. The thing that is amazing is how stable the bike is at speed. He MUST have a front fork stabalizer. At that speed you're in the hands of the Lord, because if you go down, you're DEAD.

joe
Right on the money, that is a turbo busa... been on the net for a couple years, wicked fuggin fast, but NOT naturally aspirated. I'd like to ride it.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the fastest/quickest/bike with the biggest ***** is now the Kawi ZX-14. I really doubt a Vrod could beat it in any measure.

Quick Reply: Quickest Production Bike