General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:36 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: opinions Please

Do a carfax on it. I am not 100% sure, but I think my one month unlimited use of carfax is still in force, so if you want you can either give me the vin and I will run it for you.

Oh....and the same goes for anyone else here who needs/wants to run a VIN

Old 08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Well, when I bought my first bike (the Sportster) it was revealed to me that it was a bike given away in a raffle! Only had 5 miles on the sucker but the bike had to be titled in order for the guy to "trade" it in on a bigger bike. So instead of having a brand spankin new bike with 5 miles, I was the second name titled to the bike with 5 miles. Chapped my butt like no other but it was fully disclosed to me and all I wanted to do was get out and ride her.

Bet your *** I made sure my Fatboy was completely new and NEVER titled.

As far as what you can do, RAISE HELL. Raise a stink about it with the general manager. The fact that its listed as NEW but has been titled could get them into some chit. Sounds like you deserve a brand new untitled ride outta this!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find out facts first. Then if you were sold a "used" bike as new, even if it only had 5 miles on it, raise holy hell, for whatever reason they got the bike at a big discount, and sounds like they did not pass on the savings to you. If you indeed did buy a "used" bike, (you really got a brand new one), nevertheless, they pulled slight of hand, go in on a Saturday when there's a lot of customers around, complain LOUDLY that WTF you guy's sold me a used bike as new, be very vocal and persistent, don't cross the line to obnoxious, you have a legitimate grief, I bet you get a big credit for add-ons, I would not settle for less than 2 K in store credits if they balk demand a brand new bike, watch 'em scurry. lol. Peace

Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Drclev3
Road Master

I tried to look it up on carfax as well as the state DMV site and it tell me invalid vin # WTF? I am friend with a LEO at where I work I am going to see if he can run the vin and find out something about it he deals with stolen Vehicles so he might be able to run it and find something out.Other than that I dont know what else to do but wait and see what happens. If I dont find out anything I am going down with the loan agreement and the paper that I got from the service guy and raise hell. Wish me luck.
Thanks again for the advice!!

Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

i would go back to the dealer and get the story straight. did it really have 5 miles on the odo?
its 5 miles in my eyes its new. it might have been registered to another person. but he never took home.
therfore it might be then "used" when in actuality it never left the dealer

Old 08-11-2007, 01:06 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like you were deceived. We assume that mechanically new and new in title are one in the same. It wasn't in your case and you must have overlooked the paperwork.