General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

I've always thought it would be very entertaining for some reason to have a deep loud horn on my bike, like what you hear on the 18 wheelers.

But I dont think its really an option, as they must be large to get that sound, to large for a bike. But does anyone know for sure?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Psycho
Road Master
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

ORIGINAL: bobbyd3

I've always thought it would be very entertaining for some reason to have a deep loud horn on my bike, like what you hear on the 18 wheelers.

But I dont think its really an option, as they must be large to get that sound, to large for a bike. But does anyone know for sure?
You'd have to have a pretty impressive air supply to run a horn that size. I think mounting an air compressor would be more prohibitive than mounting the horns themselves.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 PM
kfmorris
Road Captain
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

You are right, the size of the airhorn would be almost tacky on a bike.
Air would be an issue of course....

Old 08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer

yeah i figured, it would need to much for a bike. I just still would love to lay on a horn like that when some idiot does something stupid and endangers me on my bike. I'd love to make someone on a cellphone in SUV who cuts me off shi* their pants thinking a tractor trailers coming at em

Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what you want, but I doubt you can mount it on a bike very easily.

http://www.hornblasters.com/

Old 08-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a video clip of some guys who had a horn (in a car) that sounded like a train! Very loud! They were riding around congested areas & honking at groups of people. It was hilarious. People would start running it scared them so bad. I was LMAO!
Don't think it would work on a bike, but you could have some fun in your car!
Joe

Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Howards Horns or

Rivco horns. Not as big as a big rig, but pretty frickin loud

Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Gee when I drove a big truck,I just had to have train horns....

[IMG]local://upfiles/18109/BAB89E9798B6434087BEFB5305ED9AD3.gif[/IMG]

It's not the air compressor that would be prohibitive to adding them to a bike, but the air tank to hold the volume of air needed would just really be tacky.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bobbyd3

you mean like these? (c;

heres a link to a thread from the CVO Harley dot comfourm where a fella put aStebel Mini Air Horn--in the stock location on a SEEG with pix and good instructions / advice .. Your profile doesnt mention what kinda sled your spendin all yer money on, so I dont know what might or might not work.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6622.0

I'm sure you'll figure it out if you want um bad enough.

SB

[IMG]local://upfiles/29146/028E001F8D51486FBD73327955B7C355.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I have a friend who owns and operates several dump trucks. He wasn’t satisfied with his standard big rig horn, oh no.

He trashed his big rig horn and installed a locomotive horn on his truck. Now THAT really messes with folks and gets their attention pronto!

You know, you probably could install a big air receiver tank and a choo-choo horn in a tag along trailer. It would have to be filled after every use.

Just food for some imagineering thought.

Quick Reply: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike