General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:11 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

LOL. The horn is the only thing on my bike I never use.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:07 AM
RoaDRage
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

A rider that relies on the horn is a fool.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:44 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Sometimes I use the hornand give a friendly wave to a older man or woman sunning themselves in their front yard... they seem to like that.

They always wave back.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
smudge
Tourer

V Max Mark in England had a set of horns off a ship on his bike! He got them off a sunken ship, had them re-chromed and mounted. Not sure if they were actually working or just for show, but they were HUGE!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:07 PM
thelawdoc
Tourer

I have been working with my dealer on putting truck horns on my 06 deluxe. The problem so far is not the air supply nor even the length of the trumpets. The air supply goes easily into a saddlebag and the trumpets can be folded. The problem we are working on at the moment is the capacity of the battery to work the compressor. The trucks have multiple set ups of batteries. There isn't much space to get a larger battery onto the bike. But newer batteries are coming out all the time and it seems that if you give up, say, the passenger seating, you could get a good sized battery over there. The higher capacity battery is a must since just a couple toots of the horns will seriously draw down your amperage. What also remains to be worked out is some camoflage. Truck horns will bring you tickets faster than you think and they can be pretty hefty fines, especially here in nyc. I have been trying to come up with trumpets that could be configured like exhaust pipes. Anyway, it seems we are not alone. My HD mechanic tells me that truck horns are on the minds of more and more riders. Seems the cagers doing the left turns in front of you get a kick out of doing it. So far, I have been blasting them with my Howards, but the Howards -fine horns to be sure, are certainly far from being truck horns. Anyway, it seems that once I get the camo and juice worked out, I will be able to get the Orient Express horns on the bike.