General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

Get the loudest small horn around, the Stebel Nautilus, $39.95, 139 dbl. "Loudest Motorcycle Horn in the World".

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/C2145299E51D401C9F9812731935518E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike

Yup those nautilus's are VERY loud I think it read 128 decibles and it sounds like a semi horn
ORIGINAL: SMenasco

Get the loudest small horn around, the Stebel Nautilus, $39.95, 139 dbl. "Loudest Motorcycle Horn in the World".

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/C2145299E51D401C9F9812731935518E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

No, no, no, forget all those tootie-fruitie wannabe horns- yeah they're loud but they sound like a queer with his nuts in a vise. High-pitched and tinny because they're small.
The man don't want m/c horns, he wants BIG horns!

You wanna rumble some bumpers get a set of these:
http://www.hadley-products.com/catal...v=4&cat=52

The Ambassador Series is what most semi's and diesel RV's run. I had a set on my 40' diesel pusher motorhome and believe me- they shake the ground when they go off.
The kit'll set you back about $350-$400 but the 12v 250 psi electric compressor and air tank will fit in a saddlebag or rear trunk, and you could mount a horn under each saddlebag. You also get a 50' coiled air hose & fitting so you can fill your tires off the air tank while on the road, which is convenient.

These things are the real deal...

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YUTdsU3f2U [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

Howards dual horns are very impressive.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
OH Boy
Intermediate

Wish I wouldn't have clicked that YouTube link.... now I want those horns on my truck!

Thanks Doc!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Scaring or antagonizing cagers on a bike in traffic might not be the best thing to do. Me? I prefer staying the hell away from traffic.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Still running
Road Warrior

My bike has a set on them . Bought it used , not sure what kind but they are loud. The compresser is mounted between the jugs.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
RoadkillRon
Cruiser

So my buddy owns a heavy duty wrecker service (not TowPro) and I'm helping him get a Semi out of the ditch(apparently driver fell asleep).Drivers ok,in the truck getting paperwork for the trooper when one of our guys asks the driver something about the air in his tanks. This numbskull blows a locomotive horn with the troopers head right by it, needless to say the trooper was trying to screaming about as loud as the horn at him, and he found a way to write the dummy about 3 horn related tickets. I had to go sit in our truck I was laughing so hard.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:55 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Yeah, now we can get busted for both illegal exhausts AND airhorns. They are outlawed in most cities, which is where you would want/need them most. On the highway (where truckers use them) you could blast away, but that's not where we would get the most benefit. BTW, I have a pair on my truck and I love the opportunity to make a reckless driver **** in their pants.

Quick Reply: I want to get a horn like the big rigs have just to mess with people, are they to big for a bike