General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My fatboy came in but theres a problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Gerard
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My fatboy came in but theres a problem

ORIGINAL: blkrk

One does not sign up for any branch of the military for monetary gain. One does not use the military as an easy way of getting a college degree either.
The military is for soldiers that want to be just that , and serve the country in times of need. I hope your captain will keep screwing with you for a long time to come , and that's because you deserve it. I rest my case.
Yeah...I'm sure he signed up for 6 more years and risk life and limb just to buy a Harley. Anyway, he deserves his pay and to enjoy riding his new Harley....don't you?

Old 11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

One does not sign up for any branch of the military for monetary gain. One does not use the military as an easy way of getting a college degree either.
The military is for soldiers that want to be just that , and serve the country in times of need. I hope your captain will keep screwing with you for a long time to come , and that's because you deserve it. I rest my case.
how long did you serv? and did you give your paychecks back every month? NOT!

Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well if you must know I was a journeyman electrician before i joined the navy. then 9/11 happened and i decided that i need to do more for this country and the people who couldnt defend themselves. I didnt not join the military for monitary gain. when i joined i made about 1/4 of what i was making as an electrician. I also have really no desire to go to collage either. i defend this country and its people without quesion and i will continue to do so untill i die or they wont let me anymore. So i say this to you, i will defend you and your beliefs no matter what the cost, if i should happen do die the so be it. BUT DONT YOU FOR ONE SECOND QUESTION MY MOTIVES FOR DOING WHAT I DO, CAUSE WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME YOU WOULDNT HAVE ANY RIGHTS SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT IN MY HOUSE MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY YOU ARROGANT, IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED F@&K.

Chris

Old 11-11-2005, 04:16 AM
blkrk
Intermediate

Chris , your vocabulary is totally awesome , but I truly think your "toughness" has been misguided . I am not your friggin' target , pal !
You were just acting like a little crying bit<h over some bonus that did not make it to your pocket in time. And what cause are you fighting for , anyway ?

Old 11-11-2005, 04:43 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well blkrk, I dissagree with your statement that you are not my target, in your previous post you called into question my motives for joining the Navy, my honor, and my integrity. Sorry man this is somthing I will not stand for. Since you obviously know nothing about the military, My Captian, has absolutly nothing to do with my bonus. A department called DFAS that pays all branches of the millitary does. As a matter of fact my Captian is a pretty good guy, something I can not say about you apparently. As for being a,"little crying bit<h over some bonus" I think that if someone owed you $35,475.83 I'm pretty sure you would complain too if they said you would get it in 3-5 days and then 14 days goes by and you havent recieved payment. So you should really find out what the deal is before you decied that you need to say something about it. As for what I am fighting for, I fight for all people, espcially people like you so you can curse me and spit on me and my brothers when we come home from war defending everything you have.

I think this TROLL just needs to keep his mouth shut from now on.

Chris

Old 11-11-2005, 06:10 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy Chris, I understand your desire to vent. It's a bummer to be expecting something and not being able to have it when you wanted it. This might not help much, but just think how much fun that it will be when you finally get it. Hope that it comes soon. Good luck

Old 11-11-2005, 06:10 AM
blkrk
Intermediate

Chris, just one last time for the record; the way you came out in the original post made it sound like a little bit<h baby crying for a lollipop in a candy store.
If you were to detach yourself from who you think you are and read the post with objectivity you may realise what I am talking about. My comments were based on the words YOU used to describe the frustration you had been going through because of the impossibility of coming up with the downpayment for your new Fatboy. Where were you gonna ride it anyway , on the aircraft carrier ? You gave yourself out that way not me. That's on one hand. On the other , the way you replied to my post was totally uncalled for , shouting out names at me for no logical reason whatsoever. But it is fine , don't you worry , your sins have been forgiven.
Tell me please , who gives anyone the right to declare war on anybody else ? What are you protecting , and who are you protecting me from ? In a way ,I can understand your mentality , a mentality you've been trained to have as something neccessary , a mentality that "justifies" evil by turning it into something everybody should share and cherrish as a highly spiritual accomplishment. Like some form of religion I suppose ! Use your brain before making any other delusional comments , even though if I were you I would refrain myself from any furher embarrassement.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 AM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

Chris, just one last time for the record; the way you came out in the original post made it sound like a little bit<h baby crying for a lollipop in a candy store.
If you were to detach yourself from who you think you are and read the post with objectivity you may realise what I am talking about. My comments were based on the words YOU used to describe the frustration you had been going through because of the impossibility of coming up with the downpayment for your new Fatboy. Where were you gonna ride it anyway , on the aircraft carrier ? You gave yourself out that way not me. That's on one hand. On the other , the way you replied to my post was totally uncalled for , shouting out names at me for no logical reason whatsoever. But it is fine , don't you worry , your sins have been forgiven.
Tell me please , who gives anyone the right to declare war on anybody else ? What are you protecting , and who are you protecting me from ? In a way ,I can understand your mentality , a mentality you've been trained to have as something neccessary , a mentality that "justifies" evil by turning it into something everybody should share and cherrish as a highly spiritual accomplishment. Like some form of religion I suppose ! Use your brain before making any other delusional comments , even though if I were you I would refrain myself from any furher embarrassement.
Your first post and this one seem contradictory, though it's hard to tell because this one barely makes sense. I'd guess you've been drinking, so why not get back to it, and leave the tough decisions (like signing up for 6-years of service) to those better capable than yourself.

Many people do what they do because they believe it's right, including myself. Does that mean that we can afford, or should be expected, to do it for free? The fact that he was offered and expects to receive payment for service does not diminsh that service.

By the way, who the f*** made you the boss of who signs up for service and why they do it?

p.s., since you're so big on vocabulary, "realise" is not a word.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Ahhhh...............Liberals................

I also am a Journeyman Electrician who came back in the military after 9-11. Since that time I've already done one tour in Iraq, and will be gearing up shortly to go back over. When you join the military, there is a contract that is signed. You serve, do what you're told, etc. and in return you are paid for your services in kind, including benefits. It is not selfish at all to expect payment for services rendered, to include encentive bonuses for career fields that are in high demand. Any contention that pay and bonuses are not worthwhile is a faulty notion. If the military doesn't pay, NOONE would be in the service, same for cops or fireighters. Money makes the world go around. You most certainly have the right to your opinion, but please keep in mind that without people who are willing to defend our way of life, it wouldn't exist. The war in Iraq, is against organizations that have repeatedly attacked our country, and have affected our lifestyle already (have you gone on an airplane flight lately?) His complaint was simply that he wants to go for a ride, and have a little fun before it's time to go to sea again. My recommendation is that you guys go have a beer and talk motorcycles instead of politics!

P.S. the right to free speech gives us ALL the right to bitch, if we so choose....[&:]

joe

Old 11-11-2005, 01:58 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is sad is that the dealer, on Veterans Day, doesn't have the compassion, respect, and public relations sense to hand you the keys and salute! If you have insurance on the scoot and the papers are done, the cash should not be an issue...Chick's HD here GAVE a new Sporty 1200 to a returning Iraq vet...talk about huge PR!!!

Quick Reply: My fatboy came in but theres a problem