General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 10:30 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,069 Likes on 4,335 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
I was sitting on the bar stool in one of my watering holes watching a football game when the guy next to me struck up a conversation. " Little cool to be riding isnt it?" I replied "no, its a beautiful day in the 50's. I ride all year around.".He says " I'm done for the year, already stored the bike for the winter". I got to thinking whats the difference between fair weather riders and riders like me who ride in Jan when the temp can dip into the teens. Honestly, I dont suffer in cold weather. I have heated gear and can stay toasty in winter weather.
So after 40+ years in the saddle and over a million miles on 2 wheels, I realize that its not really the weather or male of bike you ride that makes you a biker or not. Here's my take on if youre a biker or not for whats its worth. The first 3 are thoughts from a spanish rider, rest are mine:
  1. A Biker knows how to enjoy the trip and chooses to do it with his/her motorcycle.
  2. A Biker is one who respects his/her machine as a faithful companion of the road.
  3. A Biker is one who feels a part of motorcycling with a strong attachment to other riders that love the world of two wheels.
  4. A biker is someone who is always thinking about his next road trip.
  5. A biker only pays attention to weather for how to gear up for the conditions.
  6. A biker cant imagine life without a motorcycle
  7. A biker knows riding can result in a world of hurt.
  8. A biker would rather spent a day riding any motorcycle than tooling around in any kind of cage
  9. A biker has patience with non bikers. They dont know what they cant understand
  10. A biker doesnt care about mods or looks vs just riding the heck out of the bike.
A "biker" doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks a biker is.

Whoops, Didn't see above post.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:37 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,069 Likes on 4,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
I encountered a real biker last summer. Sitting at a red light on my Vulcan when a "real biker" rolled up in the next lane. I knew he was a real biker because I heard his stereo coming from a block or two away and when he rolled up he was covered from head to toe in HD gear.
A real biker with a stereo??? I guess times have changed.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 445 Likes on 320 Posts

AJSHOVEL - Yeah, we get older and like some creature comforts when carving the twisties. Guess I've gotten soft with age, but I won't be trifled with, just don't use fists anymore.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:41 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

Who gives a ****??

Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Oakers3
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,787 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
I was sitting on the bar stool in one of my watering holes watching a football game when the guy next to me struck up a conversation. " Little cool to be riding isnt it?" I replied "no, its a beautiful day in the 50's. I ride all year around.".He says " I'm done for the year, already stored the bike for the winter". I got to thinking whats the difference between fair weather riders and riders like me who ride in Jan when the temp can dip into the teens. Honestly, I dont suffer in cold weather. I have heated gear and can stay toasty in winter weather.
So after 40+ years in the saddle and over a million miles on 2 wheels, I realize that its not really the weather or male of bike you ride that makes you a biker or not. Here's my take on if youre a biker or not for whats its worth. The first 3 are thoughts from a spanish rider, rest are mine:
  1. A Biker knows how to enjoy the trip and chooses to do it with his/her motorcycle.
  2. A Biker is one who respects his/her machine as a faithful companion of the road.
  3. A Biker is one who feels a part of motorcycling with a strong attachment to other riders that love the world of two wheels.
  4. A biker is someone who is always thinking about his next road trip.
  5. A biker only pays attention to weather for how to gear up for the conditions.
  6. A biker cant imagine life without a motorcycle
  7. A biker knows riding can result in a world of hurt.
  8. A biker would rather spent a day riding any motorcycle than tooling around in any kind of cage
  9. A biker has patience with non bikers. They dont know what they cant understand
  10. A biker doesnt care about mods or looks vs just riding the heck out of the bike.
I find there are lots of other riders around in the winter. It's just they are on scooters.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

With a few exceptions most of you wouldn't know a biker if you caught one ball deep in the wife or daughter and her loving it.

Love these threads, got me a motorsyckle so I is a biker

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
AJSHOVEL (11-05-2021), Carl '69 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Part Timer
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 990 Likes on 243 Posts

I thought once you reached 5000 posts you were a biker?

Old 11-04-2021, 07:39 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Just a FYI, Biker is about the man, not what he rides or how many miles he does or doesn't pound the seat. Somebody can want something but unless they were born with it they'll never be.

Till each gets that figured out we ain't nothing but tourists playing at it

The following users liked this post:
AJSHOVEL (11-05-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:43 AM
badglitsch
Novice
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Bikers they love cold beer right🍺

Old 11-04-2021, 09:53 AM
BLMC
Road Captain
Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

I spent more time typing this reply than I spend thinking about whether I am a biker or not.

The following users liked this post:
Dogs57 (11-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Biker or not?