General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little perturbed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
retep2281
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A little perturbed

Just got the Garage door opener form ebay said it was new box was trashed wires where cut and it was missing parts, also the transmitter had a crack in it. I sent an email to the seller and am waiting for his reply to see what hes going to do. I received it about a week and a half ago but never checked it cause it was for my dad and low and behold when we went to install we realized that i had paid 100.00 for a box of $#!t. Im really pi$$ed right now. Here is the item description tell me what you guys think the condition of this should have been when you received it. Oh the "Brand New Never Installed" would have been nice. I'd also like to know where he got the picture cause what was in the box looked nothing like that. I need a beer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120143677899. sorry for the runonsentence

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Blackisfast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little perturbed

Buh-bye 100% positive feedback.

Folks don't realize that the feedback really does matter.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
user 37474839
Banned

After reading the listing, if you received that he's scamming you..weird because the guy had good feedback too.

Be sure and post his response and action to rememdy this...obviously the item was not as listed, if you can't get it resolved - file a complaint through Ebay and if you paid through a c.c, or paypal look into the fraud policy..

Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM
4ucustom
Novice

he may have 100% but that little 34 after his name tells all.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
4ucustom
Novice

ah, give him a chance before U get the rope. I bet his ole Lady did the typing anyway

Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
retep2281
Cruiser

By the time i was done typing this post I had already received an email back from him. He told me he was going to give me a full refund and i didnt have to send the unit back. I then sent him another email asking when i could expect it and when i was done with that i already had the PayPal confimation that he sent me the money. Its already in the bank. By the way i think his old lady did do they typing I know his name and all the emails came from a Cindy hense the screen name. But yeah all is good i figure i got the receiver and for free and itll only cost me 20.00 about for two receivers since i already figured on spending 125 so i feel like i made out. 130.00 for the Harley garage door opener and transmitters for 2 bikes im down. Its just a relief to have someone honest out there refund the money knowing that something wasnt right . Ill leave the feedback cause shipping was fast.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
sprinter
Advanced

I have bought quite a bit of items off Ebay and from the local merchants around here.
I "now" only use Visa to buy items that I may have any doubts about, like my purchases on Ebay, window installation from Home Depot, etc. I was burned on the window installations, but when I disputed the charges on my visa bill, after telling my side of the story (with the documentation to prove it), Visa did not charge for the bill! Most companies do not want to get on the bad side of the major credit card companies, and will just drop the bill if you have a legitimate complaint, or they will then do everything they can to satisfy you. They don't want to lose a credit cards business, and will then work hard to shut you up. Worked for me.!
Now I only use paypal to pay for my ebay items, and I only use my credit card for the purchase, and if I'm not happy, I will dispute the charges and we will all work together to get the problem resolved.
This seems to work very well, and I can still pay off the bill at the end of the month with no interest charge.
Just something to think about,
ron.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Drelkor
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: retep2281

By the time i was done typing this post I had already received an email back from him. He told me he was going to give me a full refund and i didnt have to send the unit back. I then sent him another email asking when i could expect it and when i was done with that i already had the PayPal confimation that he sent me the money. Its already in the bank. By the way i think his old lady did do they typing I know his name and all the emails came from a Cindy hense the screen name. But yeah all is good i figure i got the receiver and for free and itll only cost me 20.00 about for two receivers since i already figured on spending 125 so i feel like i made out. 130.00 for the Harley garage door opener and transmitters for 2 bikes im down. Its just a relief to have someone honest out there refund the money knowing that something wasnt right . Ill leave the feedback cause shipping was fast.
I'd be a bit careful until the refunded money has been there a while. It's quite possible that he's fishing for you to give him positive feedback which you cannot change once it's done. If he "refunded" your money, you're probably OK. If he sent you a new payment, he could say that you never sent him any merchandise. I'd also be skeptical that he doesn't at least want the unit back. He could also contend that he refunded your money but you never returned the opener and try to get his money (err, yours rather) money back from Paypal. I'd suggest you cash in the payment or have it deposited into your checking account as soon as you can.

On the other hand, it's possible that he figured most people would just take the item and not complain about it. Then when you did he refunded your money to save his feedback rating. I would say there a decent chance he's honest, but unless he just didn't have any value for the opener, I still don't see why he doesn't want it back. I'd hold off a bit before giving him glowing feedback to make sure he doesn't try a reversal on you. I think Ebay allows you up to 30 days to enter feedback for an auction. Hopefully all is well and you dodged one of the many shady auctions that Ebayseems to be becomingfamous for these days.

Drel

Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Was there sticky goo on the back of the sending unit, the part that goes on the bike? That would indicate that it may have been installed on a bike and the wiring harness had been cut shorter for the specific application. The picture looks to be the "out of the box" condition of it. Did it have all the plastic tie straps as the picture shows. It would kind of hard to undo a tie strip without chewing up the plastic near the cleat once it's been installed.

On the other hand, I can understand being upset that you paid $100 for a used unit, but at first you really thought it was a peice of junk, but then later you are happy that you have two of them now. Which one is it? Are ya happy with the unit or not happy? I would have sent it back to the guy regardless of what he said about keeping it. That's the true indication of not liking the product and strengthens your case against him.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can you describe the interior of the cardboard box in more detail?

Quick Reply: A little perturbed