General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley Dealers Marking Up New Bikes Over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 10:34 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,523 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I suspect the only dealers cutting deals are those who are worried their franchise is in jeopardy. I have seen 2019s for near current msrp pricing and we have quite a few dealers in the area. I am sure people can get deals but without an invoice some of them come across as internet boasts

Old 10-01-2021, 02:42 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy
I paid MSRP and tax, and they threw in $950 in parts. I call that under MSRP. Call it what you want. I'm not making some wild claim lol. Many people are getting MSRP, and lower. Call Kevin at Kingwood Harley Davidson, or Mark, the sales manager. Let them know Chris is making some insane wild claims about the deal on his 2021 Street Bob, and that you are calling to set the record straight. Let me know how it goes. Your proof is a phone call away 🙄

And this wasn't a bike they had no demand for. I had to take the next one they had coming in, which was a month wait.
Just got off the phone, they basically told me it was non of my business what you paid for your bike. The ball is in your court, post a pic of your sales contract.

Old 10-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Crispy
Tourer
Received 192 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
Just got off the phone, they basically told me it was non of my business what you paid for your bike. The ball is in your court, post a pic of your sales contract.
You picked a funny time to make up some stuff. I'm literally at the dealer as we speak. They didn't get a call from anyone regarding me or my bike price. Try again 😅

The following users liked this post:
s-glide76 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 03:25 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 566 Likes on 346 Posts

I think you both have a bladder full of hot air - Right now to buy new is a fools purchase - wait till the bubble bursts & those who wanted to buy a toy they never could afford did because they were making union wages while sitting at home on unemployment. when they return to work & realize the cost associated with their toy & that their "real" wages wont handle that................ theres going to be fire sales right & left - thats when ill go looking & be able to get a nice garage queen with low miles off a non licensed, mid life I always wanted a Harley dumbass.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:24 PM
tonyd2017
Road Master
Received 435 Likes on 240 Posts

This is the reason prices go up with demand.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:17 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy
You picked a funny time to make up some stuff. I'm literally at the dealer as we speak. They didn't get a call from anyone regarding me or my bike price. Try again 😅
Just another deflection on your part, and heresay at that. Why not post a pic of your sales contract, and put the controversy to rest? Doing so would certainly substatuate your credibility as a fairly new member. The burdon of truth isn't our responsibility, put up, or shut up.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Crispy
Tourer
Received 192 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
Just another deflection on your part, and heresay at that. Why not post a pic of your sales contract, and put the controversy to rest? Doing so would certainly substatuate your credibility as a fairly new member. The burdon of truth isn't our responsibility, put up, or shut up.
Why would I post my sales contract? Do you think I care if you believe me? You can't even be bothered to make a real phone call, instead you make **** up while you're accusing me of lying. There's literally a hundred people in the last month on this forum saying the same thing. Look at the Lowrider thread, tons of people getting well under MSRP. Believe whatever you want. You act like I making some unheard of claim here. I paid MSRP and got 900 free parts thrown in. Insane! Who's ever heard of such a thing!! Call the loony bin! What insanity!

What is ****ing absolutely hilarious though, is that you posted that BS lie right as I was in my car about to walk in the dealer. I asked Kevin and Mark if anyone called within 60 seconds of you just making up that garbage. They looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them about you calling. Absolutely ****ing hilarious bro. What a major fail on your part. And your response is "hearsay"? You sir are a dipshit 😅😅😅✌️

Old 10-03-2021, 08:37 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

I have never paid over MSRP or dealer setup on a new bike and never will. The most I would pay is MSRP and shipping plus tax/title. We are in inflationary times right now. The government has thrown trillions into the economy and used th pandemic to create supply side disruptions. The effect is inflation and it isn’t going to pass any time soon. They are intent on printing trillions more and making the problem worse. The good thing is there are plenty of good used bikes out there and if your patient and smart, you can still find deals. Dont expect to find a fair deal at a dealership though…stick with private owners and be patient. I bought a 2015 Heritage Softail creampuff with 6000 miles in May of this year and got a great deal. The owner was moving and just wanted payoff. I was the first person who responded to the ad on Craigslist and went and bought it immediately. I missed a few like that too as I was not the first person. With winter around the corner, now is the time to start looking. Prices will be softening and there will be deals.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:47 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,114 Likes on 2,797 Posts

Pricing is insane. I traded my 2002 Road King Classic for a brand new 2015 Street Glide Special in 2015 for $14k difference. Times change, prices increase, etc, but the rate of change in 6 years is insane.

Wait until late November, early December when they have to start thinking about paying taxes on that heavy inventory. They’ll deal then.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:18 PM
Imagepix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience from the dealership here in Southern Nevada was a bit rough at the beginning as they quoted me the bike price $2500 above MSRP. Sure he tried to give me $1000 in parts and accessory credit but I'm not paying that to anyone that feels that greedy. Not to mention they charge $1000 on top of the used bikes. When all was said and done I ended up buying the bike at MSRP and getting my first service included. Was it the greatest deal, probably not but I'm happy.

Quick Reply: More Harley Dealers Marking Up New Bikes Over MSRP