General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:51 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

Im at witts end here. Went to a bike event this past weekend. Here is the issue at hand. One "friend" and I rode together, he has several years more experiance than I. I led the ride with no issues. We got to the event in record time as I knew my way around on city that most get lost in. The weather is beautiful but hot as all get out. we arrive and check in to event. Decide that to hot to start dinking and that lets take a ride. Go down some great twisty roads along the Ocean with a view that haven't seen in years.

Get back to bike event as it is starting to cool down a bit and the party is starting. Had a few "Adult Beverages" and enjoyed the bands and events that where going on. We are all just mixxing it up as there where only a handful of Americans at this event and we where welcomed greatly by our Japanese guest. So about 1:30 A.M. am siting there with another friend and 2 Japanese ladies and my riding buddie says hes going over to another American Group no biggie. About 0300 am I head to bike to get my bed roll so can catch a couple hours shut eye and notice friends bike is gone.

Now Im worried roads are twisty getting to where we are, friend dosn't really know way back. And he had been drinking. I get another friend and we both look around camp area for him, no luck. Try calling his cell phone no anwser just rings and rings then answering machine picks up, leave a message. Finnaly at 0704 he answers the phone and only hear ah....shieeett..... and phone goes dead. I try calling back and now phone goes stright to answering machine. I take off ride 25 miles down road lloking for him or any sign of a "mishap" nothing (thank God). Get back talk to the rest of the other Americans and then I head toward where we have to catch the ferry to go back home. I arrive there after searching several places and still no buddy. I call the others and we decide if nothing is heard form "Missing Man" by 1400 we would notify the Police and others to start a search. Its now 1130 AM I have been up all night searching for a lost friend for 8 hours and now I have to think what can I tell his wife and others about what happened???? Well along comes 1230 and he calls and says he is home.

Now the kicker he is pissed cause we chewed his butt and where mad cause he road..... WTF???? Any hints on how to handel him???? I won't talk to me now and is stand offish to others.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

I would tell him this: "How f-ing dare you talk to me that way. I spent 12+ hours looking for your dumbass! Not only should you have NOT drank and drove, but you should have at LEAST called us, to let us know WTF was up! Especially after I called you TWICE!. But if that's the way you feel, then F-U!. I WON'T be calling you for the next ride!"

Then hang up.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading your post twice, I agree with Kolni. At first I was going to recommend you be a little more diplomatic in your approach, but if your "friend" had that little concern over everyone else, then screw him, it would be the last ride I invited him on. Sounds like the kind of person that being tactful with would be a waste of time, so just tell him flat out he f'd up, he didn't seem too concerned about anyone else's inconvenience.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

he's a big boy. Just tell him next time let me know you are leaving and forget it. Don't hang out any more. Your acting like a school girl over this.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I would tell him this: "Howe f-ing dare you talk to me that way. I spent 12+ hours looking for your dumbass! Not only should you have NOT drank and drove, but you should have at LEAST called at let us know WTF was up! Especially after I called you TWICE!. But if that's the way you feel then F-U!. I WON'T be calling you for the next ride!"

Then hang up.
Yep.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Not the kind of guy I would hang around personally. Afterexpressing your concerns for his safety and judgement, orlack thereof about riding while intoxicated I wouldn't be calling him back for another ride.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

he's a big boy. Just tell him next time let me know you are leaving and forget it. Don't hang out any more. Your acting like a school girl over this.
i agree he's a big boy. he can do what he wants.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: geno3j...One "friend" and I rode together...Now the kicker he is pissed cause we chewed his butt and where mad cause he road.....Any hints on how to handle him???? (He) won't talk to me now and is stand offish to others.
Friends watchout for friends. Ifhe doesn't understand this,he not mature enough to either drink, ride a motorcycle or be allowed to playwithout his mother watching.He's also showing his immaturity by'dissing' you and the others. If he's not man enough to admit he fawked up,then he's not man enough tohang with.

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I would tell him this: "Howe f-ing dare you talk to me that way. I spent 12+ hours looking for your dumbass! Not only should you have NOT drank and drove, but you should have at LEAST called at let us know WTF was up! Especially after I called you TWICE!. But if that's the way you feel then F-U!. I WON'T be calling you for the next ride!"
And that will work too.

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle...he's a big boy. Just tell him next time let me know you are leaving and forget it. Don't hang out any more. Your acting like a school girl over this.
I agree with the first part...But not the last. If I'm riding withanyone, I'm watching their back, unless we have an agreement in advanceotherwise.

This happened to a buddy of mine back in 1994 atBikeWeek when one of the guys we were riding withjust 'took off'...Didn't see him forthe entire night. After running up and down A1A, stopping in at all theusual places from Ormand to St. Augustine,one of the women in the group decided they ought to call the cops and ask ifperhaps he got in an accident. Lo and behold, around 11 AM thenext day'Loverboy' putts into camp. And was met witha barrage of 'where the fawk were you?', 'where the fawk did you go?', and 'why the fawk didn't you tellanyone what the fawk you were gonna do?' Hetriedthe same attitude, until the eight other riders in the group (who had spent the night searching/worrying about this jackass)jumped on his case. He becamea rather meek rodent at that point.

Bottom line: Whenfriends FAWK-UP, they should FESS-UP, APOLOGIZE, and only then can you move on....Otherwise, get a new friend....You don't need this jerk.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Geno. I agree with you about your buddy's lack of concern about the grief he was causing you. I would chew his *** and keep hanging around him to remind him of it every minute until he admits that he was wrong. If you quit hanging with him he might come to harm and you would feel like crap. Good friends don't give up on their buddies.
On the lighter side. Is the Kentai Bridge Jumping Association still alive and well there in Iwanooky? Is the gyoza still the best thing ever to eat? Do they still make them giant BLT's? Is the Kirin still good and cold and does the Santory whiskey still give you the Santory s**ts?
'75 Iwakuni veteran of Block 8. VMA(AW) 533 A6 heavy bombardment.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:28 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-Bone,

Yes Kintai Bridge Juming is still alive and well. Sako's (BLT's) arnt what they used to be Pops is getting old. Now all the rage is "California Chicken" owned and opperated by a Ret GySgt. Gyoza is still a great food when all else fails. Kirin runs free espically at bike meets and I wouldn't feed Suntory Whisky to my worse enemy. Blcok 8 is long gone and the whole base has changed so much you wouldn't even recognize it. I was in 533 back in the 80's they have long been in the F/A-18D, actually where back here not too long ago. Your right I will stay on his **** (he's a old retired Ordie MGySgt) and I would feel like a real bag if anyhing bad ever happened to him.

Take care

Semper Fi

Quick Reply: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT