General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 AM
fxrsjohn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

Thats cool you were trying to watch out for your bud. Too bad he did not appreciate it. If he had ended up in a ditch somewhere and you did not come looking he would probably be pissed at you. F-him I would not ride with him again unless I got an apology and a case of beer from him!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You done right. He should have told you he was splitten. Ive done it. But I make sure my riding buddies know Im taking off. Just remember what he did for next time. And realize you can ride with him but you cant count on him to have your back, and if he disappears he disappears. And if something happens to him, well, tuff $hit.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior

Some guys just aren't worth the effort ... I'd say that you should blow it off. Chances are there aren't that many Americans around you to ride with to begin with, so you don't want to **** off a guy just because he's being a Stiff Richard. On the other hand, at least now you know he's not the kind of guy who expects you to watch out for him ... so let him go.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, he's a big boy. Emphasis on "boy." You did the right thing under the circumstances. With a reaction like you got, it would be a cold day in hell I'd ride with this guy again. Next time, he'll probably wind up in a ditch and be bitchin' because no one came looking for him. Life's too short to be stuck with riding partners like that. The guy could have taken 5 minutes to tell you "I'm taking off." Or call you. The fact he didn't consider it important enough to do either speaks volumes.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Is he a friend or is he your bro? If he's just someone you know, then let him be. Don't invite him along anymore. You did the right things, but it's not worth the trouble if that's all the respect and thanks you're going to get.

If he's your bro, that's different.Marine up and give him the thrashin' he deserves cause if he's out god-knows-where, how's he gonna watch your back too?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: LIRIDE

Being a cynical New Yorker. This guy was up to no good. I would have first asked what happend where he was and with who. Goes out at night on unfamiliar roads and a couple (I'm guessing) beers in him? What's his side of what happened?
are you kidding me? Up to no good? Maybe he went to go get a POA? Hes a FING adult!!! He said they had a couple beers... maybe he did not leave for a few hours... for anyone knows here it was 99% out of his system byt the time he left........

Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

ORIGINAL: LIRIDE

Being a cynical New Yorker. This guy was up to no good. I would have first asked what happend where he was and with who. Goes out at night on unfamiliar roads and a couple (I'm guessing) beers in him? What's his side of what happened?
are you kidding me? Up to no good? Maybe he went to go get a POA? Hes a FING adult!!! He said they had a couple beers... maybe he did not leave for a few hours... for anyone knows here it was 99% out of his system byt the time he left........
When someone says they "had a couple of beers" that means they drank at least a 6 pack.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
mason417
Cruiser

Look, he didnt care why should you. Just remember if it happens again he knows he is on his own regardless of the consequences.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

You done right. He should have told you he was splitten. Ive done it. But I make sure my riding buddies know Im taking off. Just remember what he did for next time. And realize you can ride with him but you cant count on him to have your back, and if he disappears he disappears. And if something happens to him, well, tuff $hit.
Very well put.
You can't change how people are. Now you know how this guy is.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

I'd step back & let some time pass just to see if anything else should develop. Once you have determined that matters are as you have described minus any extenuating circumstances then I'd end the friendship in a very tactful way. Would you want this cry baby watching your back?

Quick Reply: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT