General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
DanoTime
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT

I expect a level of respect with the people I am with - as I would expect they would of me. Depending on your previous relationship with this joker, leaving the message and the basic search was fine. You do have to get that straightened out - if you ride again with him. I would probably just leave it; he knows what's up.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

Not the kind of guy I would hang around personally. Afterexpressing your concerns for his safety and judgement, orlack thereof about riding while intoxicated I wouldn't be calling him back for another ride.
I missed the part where he was riding intoxicated. I'm not sure about the laws in Japan, but in the USA ... you can drink ... as long as you ain't drunk. If you choose not to, that's your business, but those that do ... and operate within the law ... that's theirs.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior

Being a cynical New Yorker. This guy was up to no good. I would have first asked what happend where he was and with who. Goes out at night on unfamiliar roads and a couple (I'm guessing) beers in him? What's his side of what happened?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
bosnmate
Banned

The rule with the American Legion Riders group I belong to is, "You came together, you stick together and you leave together. Period"

Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Btw, If I was missing for a couple hours from the group, it sure would be nice knowing you could trust your buds to come looking for you.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
narosar
Tourer

Talk it out or don't ride with him again, depends on how much effort you want to put in.

You ride in a group you have responsibilities and expectations. If you do not want to be "bothered" to keep others informed so there is no concern or worry for your safety then ride alone. The old saying, "there is no I in team" comes to mind.

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle
Your acting like a school girl over this.
[sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM
x2lee
Banned

Yeah but if you are together for the haul he shoulda had the courtesy to tell you. I would tell him about it then forget it. If it happens again I wouldnt ride with him. i dont like to worry that I need to bail my bud outta jail or someother BS.. like folks said hes a grown manm, but still if you start out together you have a few rights also. like the right to know if he is off the ride. I woulda been mad also.quote]ORIGINAL: bagga

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

he's a big boy. Just tell him next time let me know you are leaving and forget it. Don't hang out any more. Your acting like a school girl over this.
i agree he's a big boy. he can do what he wants.
[/quote]

Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

I wouldn't have looked for him that much. We are grown men. His reaction to your worries should have been appreciative. Fck him!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I would tell him this: "How f-ing dare you talk to me that way. I spent 12+ hours looking for your dumbass! Not only should you have NOT drank and drove, but you should have at LEAST called us, to let us know WTF was up! Especially after I called you TWICE!. But if that's the way you feel, then F-U!. I WON'T be calling you for the next ride!"

Then hang up.
Yep

Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25 miles from home,,,,forget about it.....I would have stopped looking when I saw his bike gone....never mother'd and never been mother'd by a bro....although I would take a bullet for some and they for me....come together leave together whatever it all falls back into place,,,ummm until someone gets hurt....

Quick Reply: QUESTION ABOUT PERSONNEL CONDUCT