General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021 | 08:29 PM
Billy W
Road Master

My wife bought me a Harley leather with just the No.1 on the sleeve. Anything else would be covered by my vest!

Old 08-19-2021 | 09:33 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member

Yes and no

Old 08-19-2021 | 10:06 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member

I have an assortment of HD branded products, but I will only buy them for 1/2 price or less.
Found a perfect FXRG jacket on this forum (super warm and heavy), along with some sweet zip+laced HD boots, some very warm HD winter gloves, all in as-new condition.
A few years back I picked up one of the last HD leathers made in the USA, the American Legend jacket.
I won't buy shirts at the dealer, too cheap for that!

Old 08-19-2021 | 10:39 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member

I wear a lot of Harley gear both when riding and not simply because it is well-made. Some of my gear is not HD-branded, such as my Highway 21 vest, which I bought at the dealer but which is not HD-brand.
On the whole though, Harley gear is quality and works out well for riding. Boots, jackets, vests, shirts. Haven't bought any HD jeans.

The following 2 users liked this post by Redlegvzv:
686 Shooter (08-20-2021), mrmarklin (08-19-2021)
Old 08-20-2021 | 07:29 AM
AZBadgerFan
Cruiser

I only own (but rarely wear) HD boots and a leather jacket. Not a fan of HD t-shirts- I find them uncomfortable & way overpriced.

Old 08-20-2021 | 08:06 AM
slw210
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by AZBadgerFan
I only own (but rarely wear) HD boots and a leather jacket. Not a fan of HD t-shirts- I find them uncomfortable & way overpriced.
I buy them off of the sale racks (as I do most of my shirts/clothes), but, to be honest I have never seen the prices some on here keep talking about, most of mine are pretty well made and heavy, I got a couple that are thinner than the others, though even those are the same as most t-shirts with a music group, etc and really didn't cost any more. IIRC, they run about $30 at the Harley dealer, but I often see them BOGO 1/2 or similar. Most trademark t shirts run about the same maybe $25 and up, unless you also shop the sale racks. A plain "Made in USA" T shirt runs about $20. I want to know where everyone is getting those $5 dollar "Made in USA" heavy weight T shirts?

Old 08-20-2021 | 08:23 AM
AZBadgerFan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slw210
I buy them off of the sale racks (as I do most of my shirts/clothes), but, to be honest I have never seen the prices some on here keep talking about, most of mine are pretty well made and heavy, I got a couple that are thinner than the others, though even those are the same as most t-shirts with a music group, etc and really didn't cost any more. IIRC, they run about $30 at the Harley dealer, but I often see them BOGO 1/2 or similar. Most trademark t shirts run about the same maybe $25 and up, unless you also shop the sale racks. A plain "Made in USA" T shirt runs about $20. I want to know where everyone is getting those $5 dollar "Made in USA" heavy weight T shirts?
We are looking for two different things. I live in AZ so heavyweight tees are a no-go (and very uncomfortable, to me) and not sure where you got the $5 shirts from but the tees linked below are $15 ea., extremely comfortable, well-made and no tacky HD logos. I'm an avid surfer and have a friend who owns surf shops in the San Diego-area who sends me a box of tees, boardshorts, etc. every Spring. They are also very comfortable and sell for between $20-25. A quick glance at the HD website shows their short-sleeve tees selling for $25-40.

Fresh Clean Tees

Old 08-20-2021 | 08:51 AM
BouseBill
Road Master
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
If I'm buying Chinese riding apparel, I'm not going to pay top dollar. Screw HD and their junk.
I bought some boots from the Harley shop in Yuma AZ. I'd rather wear something made in VietNam than China LOL, I did take the little shiny ID tags off the boot laces LOL, for winter I wear an old Harley leather jacket with no markings I found in a Indy shop on the consignment rack, Levis, and a half helmet

Old 08-20-2021 | 12:08 PM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
Sometimes I wear a Harley tee shirt and that’s it.
Dude, for the love of God, wear some pants too.......and some boots.

Old 08-20-2021 | 09:19 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Dude, for the love of God, wear some pants too.......and some boots.
LOL yes, please. :-)

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?