General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021 | 06:35 PM
Sierra Nate
Road Master

The only HD gear I own is a pair of riding gloves and hightop sneakers with a small HD on there rear of the sole. You'd be hard pressed to see my logos.

Old 08-17-2021 | 08:35 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a BIE Leather jacket, and Elkskin chaps. They were custom made in Kiel, WI. I bought them from a guy that was my exact size, he quit riding after he got hit by a pick up truck turning left.

I only wear that from 35-65. From 45-65, I wear a Hillside Leather Cordura vented jacket. Above 65 I wear a Harley mesh. It works great, and is a Large tall. It has some tacky retro racing patches on it, that I enjoy. Cool people probably snicker at me, but I’m 65. DILLIGAF?

Old 08-17-2021 | 09:06 PM
pgreer
Stellar HDF Member

T-shirt and Levi jeans with boots, none are HD branded. If it is cold I wear an Lee Storm Rider lined jacket, but do have a non HD leather jacket for road trips when it is colder. I may wear some older OD green army pants if I don't have a pair of jean s clean and ready to go.

I do have lots of HD dealer t-shirts from the 70's and 80's from all over the world, but haven't worn them in a good while. Also have a nice pair of HD leather gloves a lady friend gave me, and will wear those when it is below about 55. I've been looking at a mesh jacket recently and will likely get one of those soon.

Paul

Old 08-18-2021 | 07:22 AM
slw210
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
The only "Harley Branded" item I wear is my Harley Hagerman Boots. I must have bought and tried a dozen boots before I found these. I wear them on the Fat Bob and my KTM Adventure Bike. Very Comfy on and off the bike

Harley Hagerman Boots

The rest of my gear goes like this:
  • Shoei GT Air II cause I'm too good looking to mess up my face
  • Icon leather gloves
  • Bull-it Jeans Cordura lined
  • Klim Apex in the winter and Klim Marrakesh in the Summer
ATGATT is an acronym used in the Adventure Riding Community. All The Gear All The Time!

That's the boot I have, I needed good quality, good riding protection and light weight since having some posterior tibial tendonitis problems, I may get a second pair I like them so much. I am ATGSOTT (All The Gear Some Of The Time), still like to cruise short rides in T-shirt/Jeans/Half Helmet/Boots (okay Vans occasionally), though not as much as I used to.

Old 08-18-2021 | 08:40 AM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

I don’t go out of my way to wear or not wear H-D gear. My main pair of riding boots are H-D, leather, zip up, waterproof that I got on clearance 2 years ago. They are super comfortable and I sometimes wear them when not riding. My summer gloves are also H-D. I have a few t-shirts (most purchased for me as gifts) that I wear around, not necessarily when riding. I also have a hat that I wear quite a bit to cover my bald head.

The rest of my gear is a variety of brands that I bought because I thought they were the best product for the task at a reasonable price - Fox Creek, Tourmaster, Icon, Shoei, Scorpion, Bell, to name a few.

Old 08-18-2021 | 10:31 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BC9696

Is your rainsuit easy to throw on and off? Is it 100% dry? Is it lightweight or fairly heavy? Anything you don't like about it? piasspj said he doesn't like his. Thanks.
FWIW This is the H-D rain gear I have:
https://www.shoputahharley.com/produ...xoCqY8QAvD_BwE
The good:
It's comfortable
easy to get on and off.
Light insulation and vented
The fabric and stitching has held up

Alright:
Packing size is OK. Not super small, but not super bulky either. (Packs to about the size as a pair of shoes.)
It keeps me dry when walking around or standing in the rain. (Better than some rain gear I've used when fishing).

What I don't like:
When riding the rain gets through especially at the zippers (chest and down both legs) and the crotch.

Old 08-18-2021 | 11:25 AM
Rob Harper
Road Warrior

My closet is full of HD, Corvette and classic Chevy shirts and sweatshirts. A handful of brewery and gun related shirts. And flannel (I like Norm Abrahams, what can I say?) Most are gifts from family. I don't ride much when it's wet or cold, so usually HD shirt, jeans, work boots, flannel or sweatshirt when riding. Ditto for wife, except she substitutes HD mesh jacket for flannel. (not sure why?) The only leather jacket I have is Goodwrench Racing from 20+ years ago. I did buy a pair of HD riding boots off craigslist that I've started wearing. And the last helmet I bought is HD brand, but not to advertise for them. I needed a new helmet, and this one had the features I wanted at a fair price.

Old 08-18-2021 | 11:44 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Wink

I even wear it when not riding.

Old 08-18-2021 | 11:48 AM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Last edited by SirHarley; 08-18-2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: addendum correction pictures
The following users liked this post:
Billy W (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 01:57 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

HD rain gear, FXRG jacket, switchback jacket, got great deals on all barely/not used. Those were practical decisions. I'll wear my old Harley T-shirts when they fit me again.

When I used to fly myself around the country a lot, I'd occasionally pick up a souvenir shirt at a small airport. I'd wear those shirts riding, and my old H-D shirts while flying. Maybe I'm just confused.

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?