General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021 | 08:15 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Jeans
T-shirt, just plain no HD. Long sleeve Carhartt T if I am sunburnt, or it is chilly. I do have a Fuel Moto T
Wolverine USA leather boots, gettin' close to needin' new ones
I do have HD leather gloves, I like 'em, they are very subtle, all black no bright stitching, etc.
I have an HD FXRG extreme jacket that is awesome when it is wicked cold, snowing raining, etc, and I use the liner from that jacket, which is an all black hoodie when it is below 70.

You would have to search for any of the HD emblems, I am just not into it.

My Raingear is the jacket above if it is cold, or a Grundens jacket, and Duluth overpants that I keep rolled up in my right saddlebag.

I think HD makes some decent gear if you look for it, I just can't stand all of the bright lettering, graphics, etc. It's not for me.

Old 08-16-2021 | 08:50 PM
686 Shooter
Tourer

I have some Harley dealer shirts, but I have lots of other shirts as well. I do have Harley boots. They were a gift from my mom years ago, before I even owned a Harley Davidson motorcycle, So I'm going to wear them until either there is nothing left of them or I die. Which ever comes first. I also have a Harley riding jacket. I needed a new jacket and the girl at the Harley dealer was hot, so................ Actually its a great jacket. Great venting for when its hot and plenty warm when the vents are closed. If someone judges me for riding in a Harley branded jacket and boots, I have a big old @$$ they can kiss.

All that matters is that you're riding.

Old 08-16-2021 | 09:17 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 686 Shooter
............All that matters is that you're riding.
Yepper

Old 08-17-2021 | 01:20 AM
AngrySailor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kawickrice
ahh man my frikkin eyes... Must be "Florida man"...

I wear jeans, work boots and a leather jacket. Bought a no name black jacket from crapazon which turned out to be a decent jacket for the price then I was given an OLD Harley jacket by a fella I rebuilt a carb for, it didn't fit him anyways. It's the only piece of Harley gear I own, not necessarily avoiding their clothing,but also not looking to be the walking billboard either.

Here's some gear for the more "progressive" rider...

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021 | 04:30 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member

If I'm buying Chinese riding apparel, I'm not going to pay top dollar. Screw HD and their junk.

Old 08-17-2021 | 05:37 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
If I'm buying Chinese riding apparel, I'm not going to pay top dollar. Screw HD and their junk.
HaHa; funny thing is that in many cases if you are buying HD gear, you are buying Chinese anyway - at a much higher price point.

I like Harley-Davidson motorcycles and have liked them for a long time; it's the MoCo I could do without. Much of of H-D's gear is decent, yet overpriced. There are better alternatives from the standpoint of function, durability and price.

As mentioned in a post above in this thread, there is a right of passage so to speak graduating from the Lifestyle thing to just riding.

There have been times where, not by design, I was on the V-Strom with black boots, jeans and black leather jacket and other times (not many) where I've been on a Harley with a polo shirt and khakis under a vented one-piece riding suit.

Old 08-17-2021 | 06:43 AM
slw210
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

I spend more on Harley gear for the kids and grandkids, the wife has a few shirts. The grandkids love Harley stuff and I am not saying no.

gonemad (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021 | 09:14 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member

I just realized I’m a Harley billboard when riding. None at all off the bike.

Except for the HD half helmet I just bought, the gloves, mesh jacket and rain suit are least 5 years old or older bought at local HD dealerships.

They have held up well and work as intended. I could get them cheaper elsewhere but in the helmets case, I got to try many on to get the right fit.

All were purchased with credit on new bike purchase, on sale or points on my HD visa that I got when I financed my 16 FLSS.

I’m not bothered by it.

Old 08-17-2021 | 09:27 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by slw210
I spend more on Harley gear for the kids and grandkids, the wife has a few shirts. The grandkids love Harley stuff and I am not saying no.
I was at the dealer last week and this yelled “Buy Me” for my granddaughter. Her mommy is also on the board for a small town annual bike fest in my county, so granddaughter is going to do her part to represent.

slw210 (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021 | 09:50 AM
slw210
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by gonemad
I was at the dealer last week and this yelled “Buy Me” for my granddaughter. Her mommy is also on the board for a small town annual bike fest in my county, so granddaughter is going to do her part to represent.

So you felt compelled to show me that, so I now have to go to Harley and buy 2 or 3 of those? Thank You, I have nothing better to spend my money on! Today is the twins birthday, too! Damnit, I already spent a fortune on them.

gonemad (08-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?