General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021 | 03:26 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BC9696
i'm guessin' the ladies aren't wearing HD clothes either.

I'm always paying attention to what they're wearing.

Old 08-16-2021 | 03:29 PM
Ingramite
Road Master

Let me stroke off in a different tangent here.

Keeping "THE MOTOR COMPANY" separate from my motorcycle and my life is just a right of passage in the journey of a rider.

It begins with my motorcycle. The Motor Company sold me my motorcycle but that's where it ends. My motorcycle only begins to be "my motorcycle" when it ceases to be "their motorcycle". It's no longer a Harley because it is now my harley. The case change between Harley and harley is the nut shell of a concept that I'm scratching for.

My bike "gets me there". But it ain't "there" on it's own.

Look, I know this a difficult trip for some just getting started in this scene. This is probably even a tough room to play this tune in, I dig that too.

Remember what I said about my bike getting me there? Well, if I'm decked out in some sort of bull fighting costume, how am I going to fit in fashion wise? You know, on splash down.

If I had to chose between dressing like Elvis or a biker, I'd lean toward Memphis myself.

I'm 6'4" at 300lbs with long hair and beard, plenty of old faded ink....ya think a bar and shield patch is necessary?

The following 3 users liked this post by Ingramite:
Calif Fat Bob (08-17-2021), Carl '69 (08-19-2021), Jehu (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 03:31 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

I wear rub-on tattoos.

Old 08-16-2021 | 03:32 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Only Harley stuff that I own are dealer T-shirts from when I bought a bike, or received as gifts. The only Harley badged item I own is my denim jacket.

The following 2 users liked this post by dickey:
Ingramite (08-16-2021), Jehu (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 03:53 PM
BC1000
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ingramite
Let me stroke off in a different tangent here.

Keeping "THE MOTOR COMPANY" separate from my motorcycle and my life is just a right of passage in the journey of a rider.

It begins with my motorcycle. The Motor Company sold me my motorcycle but that's where it ends. My motorcycle only begins to be "my motorcycle" when it ceases to be "their motorcycle". It's no longer a Harley because it is now my harley. The case change between Harley and harley is the nut shell of a concept that I'm scratching for.

My bike "gets me there". But it ain't "there" on it's own.

Look, I know this a difficult trip for some just getting started in this scene. This is probably even a tough room to play this tune in, I dig that too.

Remember what I said about my bike getting me there? Well, if I'm decked out in some sort of bull fighting costume, how am I going to fit in fashion wise? You know, on splash down.

If I had to chose between dressing like Elvis or a biker, I'd lean toward Memphis myself

I'm 6'4" at 300lbs with long hair and beard, plenty of old faded ink....ya think a bar and shield patch is necessary?

The Moderators might not be pleased with you for using the terms "stroke off", "getting me there", and "splash down" in the same post.

The following 2 users liked this post by BC1000:
Ingramite (08-16-2021), RDJMChris (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 04:33 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member

Originally Posted by BC9696
I'm in the market for a decent rainsuit and almost bought the:

REV'IT! Pacific 2 H2O Rain Suit

then I watched this review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_N9lkuPRs

Is your rainsuit easy to throw on and off? Is it 100% dry? Is it lightweight or fairly heavy? Anything you don't like about it? piasspj said he doesn't like his. Thanks.

GREAT questions my friend............

100% dry? No. I do not think any are 100% dry. Mind you, I only put it on when the rains are torrential. If I am in the northeast or northwest and it is COLD out, then yes I will put it on. As you know, u can ride cold. You can ride wet. But you can't ride wet and cold.

I would not classify it as heavy. But it is GOOD mil quality for what it does. I do not feel stiff in it. Bottom line BC, it does not make me feel uncomfortable.

As far as ease to put on, I honestly do not think any of them are considered "easy" to don. I wear BIG custom made cowboy boots so putting my boots thru the leg part is a little slow. I typically would lean up agasint the bike (not by the hot pipes of course) and put them on.

Also BC, getting the zipper/velcro/drawstring RIGHT around my neck is tough bcs you can't SEE what u r doing. <-- I have to look in the side view mirror. And then I may not get it 100% right and there, there is where the leak is.

I am so HAPPY with it and it hsa been proven to be a God-Send <sp> so much so, I am HAPPY with it and will not consider anything else.

Now, I have to share the flip side.............what I really like since we did the downside.

1. It packs up small.
2. GREAT resilience to tearing
3. Back has the HD LOGO and wording that SHINE BRIGHTLY when hit with lights.
4. It is BRIGHT.

And FWIW my friend, from what I have gathered, from those who have the heavy (yes expensive) HD raingear, they seem to really like it like me. My my knowledge.

The vid you posted above...........the rain gear in the vid was black. Black? Really? Black? It is raining.........you want to be seen, not blended into the already hard to see thru rain. Geepers. But that is only my opinion.

If there is anything else I can share with you BCer, I am here..........

Old 08-16-2021 | 05:34 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

I have one Harley branded riding jacket, and it is of good quality. But somehow I always reach for my well-worn old Joe Rocket jackets, either leather or mesh depending on the temp. They're like old friends.

Old 08-16-2021 | 05:37 PM
BC1000
|
Tourer

Does it melt if you touch hot pipes? Also...i am primarily purchasing this for Patriot Guard missions and may be in parade and/or standing out in the rain for hours. Schedules change and ya gotta be patient. Don't want anything that's gonna cook me in So. Cal. it doesn't get cold here. That's why i was looking at the Rev'it model above, it's supposed to be breathable & light.

Last edited by BC1000; 08-16-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2021 | 06:12 PM
NAPRA
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force

I have some HD riding gear and two helmets. I got them because they fit and were cheaper than buying elsewhere, especially when using my rewards cash. They get you roped into that scheme just like Menards does. The more you spend the more you can save. So they tell me.

Old 08-16-2021 | 07:40 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member

I bought my last HD used so I didn’t get a T-shirt

I still have one tshirt somewhere from my 2015 FXDB that I sold.

don’t own any other HD branded clothes.

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?