General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021 | 11:30 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member

Above my friends, ALL PIXS are non-HD 'cept the bottom one.

I ride in the rain a LOT. LOVE IT!!! And when it comes to rain, the HD gear is GREAT IMO.

Same as the COLD WX. I carry the HD Leather Jacket for extreme WX. THAT HD jacket below is PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!

Now, on the other hand, my T's I wear at home are 99% to 100% HD T's.

Old 08-16-2021 | 11:36 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

In my post-jap bike and pre-Harley days in the early 80’s I was at the beach with a good friend and his brother who rode an HD and he had a half dozen friends riding with him. All wore black Harley dealer tee shirts, jeans, black boots, fingerless gloves, you know the whole get up, down to a man.

One got a stomach bug and was violently ill. Couldn’t ride his bike back so he rode in my car with my friend driving my car, and I rode his Iron head back for him with all those guys.

I was wearing a pink Polo shirt, Levis, and Sperry Top Siders no socks. I looked like Dobie Gillis, but with a **** ‘stache.

I think they were embarrassed..

was that bad?

Last edited by gonemad; 08-16-2021 at 11:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gonemad:
Cap77 (08-29-2021), keener3rd (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 11:36 AM
RDJMChris
Advanced

I started off with a HD full face helmet, gloves, and modular jacket because Patriot "threw them in" the deal. I bought a hi-vis HD vest because I needed one to ride on post back then. Now the gloves, vest, and helmet sit in my garage as back-ups. I usually wear Wranglers, Durango boots, a long sleeve shirt, helmet, gloves, and leather vest (none of which is HD branded) in hot weather, then add the jacket in colder weather. In the last month the snaps on my vest no longer stay snapped so I've started wearing the mesh jacket despite the heat. But, I'm a "dress for the slide" kinda guy (not to mention my insurance won't pay if I'm not wearing protective gear).

Old 08-16-2021 | 12:18 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Occasionally a Harley shirt. I have a few that I've bought to support dealers that sponsored an event I enjoyed.
I'd probably have more but I don't like wearing black or low quality shirts.
I have Harley Rain Gear. Honestly I should buy something better. Comfortable enough but doesn't keep me any drier than the cheap stuff I had before.
My wife gave me a pair of Harley boots. They weren't comfortable and they didn't last.

Old 08-16-2021 | 12:51 PM
show-n-go
Road Master

I wear HD gear on and off the bike. HD boots, Rain gear always,HD 3/4 helmet for when I wear one. The only HD shirts I will wear are the dry fit "performance" line and I also wear a lot of Under Armor shirts when I ride. I like Rock Revival jeans, they stretch around the waist which makes them great for riding outside of being a little heavy.

Old 08-16-2021 | 01:23 PM
BC1000
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7

Above my friends, ALL PIXS are non-HD 'cept the bottom one.

I ride in the rain a LOT. LOVE IT!!! And when it comes to rain, the HD gear is GREAT IMO.

Same as the COLD WX. I carry the HD Leather Jacket for extreme WX. THAT HD jacket below is PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!

Now, on the other hand, my T's I wear at home are 99% to 100% HD T's.
I'm in the market for a decent rainsuit and almost bought the:

REV'IT! Pacific 2 H2O Rain Suit

then I watched this review.

Is your rainsuit easy to throw on and off? Is it 100% dry? Is it lightweight or fairly heavy? Anything you don't like about it? piasspj said he doesn't like his. Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 02:25 PM
Dehammer
Elite HDF Member

My Harleys are debadged.

I'm not a Harley racist, I just don't like any branding, on rides or person.

The following users liked this post:
Carl '69 (08-19-2021)
Old 08-16-2021 | 03:01 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member

HD and other various t-shirts, Icon gloves (occasionally), Icon boots (always), Triumph jacket (occasionally), other assorted leather jackets (occasionally), and Levis.

Not a yes/no answer for me.

Old 08-16-2021 | 03:08 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BC9696
.........while others go out of their way NOT to wear HD attire when riding, feeling their bike is sufficient. They think wearing all the HD garb makes you a some kinda fanboy........

I haven't read all of the replies so apologies if someone else has already said this. I don't go out of my way to NOT wear Harley attire, I just don't own any because I've never seen any that I'm interested in buying. As far as what I think about people who do wear it, I'm not in the habit of paying attention to what other men are wearing.

Old 08-16-2021 | 03:23 PM
BC1000
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Crazy
I haven't read all of the replies so apologies if someone else has already said this. I don't go out of my way to NOT wear Harley attire, I just don't own any because I've never seen any that I'm interested in buying. As far as what I think about people who do wear it, I'm not in the habit of paying attention to what other men are wearing.
i'm guessin' the ladies aren't wearing HD clothes either.

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?