General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022 | 01:43 PM
maxxym
Stellar HDF Member

I have HD shirts...all of the button down. Couple long sleeve and some short sleeve. I like them. They fit great and look great. I like Harley brand. It's strange to hear some of you who would never ride any other brand, bash on HD branded clothes. lol

Last season I started off with no lid, tshirt or a HD shirt...jeans and boots. As the season went by, I started to wear Bell Pitboss helmet. This coming season, I have a full face Shoei X14 and leather jacket with good riding boots.

Old 02-28-2022 | 01:45 PM
maxxym
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tony P
Tank top, Speedo's and flip flops.
Squuuiiiiiddd!!!!!

Old 02-28-2022 | 01:51 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by maxxym
I have HD shirts...all of the button down. Couple long sleeve and some short sleeve. I like them. They fit great and look great. I like Harley brand. It's strange to hear some of you who would never ride any other brand, bash on HD branded clothes. lol

Last season I started off with no lid, tshirt or a HD shirt...jeans and boots. As the season went by, I started to wear Bell Pitboss helmet. This coming season, I have a full face Shoei X14 and leather jacket with good riding boots.
Pretty sure for the most part, it's because the HD line of clothing is just rediculously priced. Just because of the logo.

Old 02-28-2022 | 01:56 PM
sherob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by brakeless
Heh, gotta represent right! Rest of the time it's the Gorton's Fisherman. Here comes Kool Aid! I'm just messing with you. You do you.
The hoodie has to be worn sometimes or the daughter will be offended I'm not wearing her Christmas gift.

As for the brightness of my gear, it's what I've been wearing for years from my Sport Touring days and has worked for me. Besides, there's enough pirates out there!

Ride safe!
Rob

Old 02-28-2022 | 02:01 PM
maxxym
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by brakeless
Pretty sure for the most part, it's because the HD line of clothing is just rediculously priced. Just because of the logo.
I guess it depends what you wear and where you shop. Some of it is on sale sometimes. If one shops for clothes at Walmart, then yeah, it will be way out there for HD branded stuff. If you shop at some of the other places like Dixxon, Outterknown, and little cheaper Flag and Anthem, then they are pretty comparable in prices.

My first world problem with HD clothing is, that I am in between their sizes. Besides, their inventory is super low and they never have **** in stock.

Old 02-28-2022 | 02:09 PM
ksol5
Road Captain

Hey if a white T-shirt and leather jacket was cool enough for the Fonz!!!

The following users liked this post:
brakeless (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 02:11 PM
bduds65
Road Master

Originally Posted by sherob
The hoodie has to be worn sometimes or the daughter will be offended I'm not wearing her Christmas gift.
Ride safe!
Rob
Christmas gift! HA My wife got me a heavy HD sweatshirt a few years ago. Too heavy in fact for riding but awesome for anything cold. Especially evening camp fires. I have been able to wear it maybe four times. She has pretty much taken it as hers! Ordinarily that would be fine with that. I will just get another one right?

Wrong, all the new HD stuff is very lightweight and very expensive. Barely enough for an extra layer under a leather jacket.

brakeless (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 02:23 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member

I voted no... because mostly I don’t. when warm enough I just wear my normal everyday clothes. T-shirt, jeans, boots.

but that said I do wear some Harley branded items when cooler like gloves and my leather jacket. When I bought those items my girlfriend was working at the local shop, so I got a little discount And it’s great gear. So I don’t go out of my way to wear or avoid wearing HD branded clothing when I ride. I simply do not care enough or put forth the mental effort to worry about what other people think about me when I’m riding.

brakeless (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 04:13 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I wear the same thing riding that I wear when performing on stage...jeans, black T-shirt, and sneakers.
I am proud to say I have never bought a single piece of Harley apparel... The few Harley t-shirts I have I got when I bought a new bike, for free, or as gifts from Girlfriends.

Old 02-28-2022 | 04:14 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

i grab whatever is clean. i dont care what it says on it.

07UltraGuy (02-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?