General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022 | 10:18 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I have HD boots that were a gift, my jackets is denim and my leather is non HD. I do like the boots, I also have HD T shirts. I was in a dealer last summer wearing Mil issue black boots,, BDU pants, mil issue, and a HD tank top, with a bandanna on my head as a liner for under my helmet. I got a look or two from the HD everything crowd...I'm sure I'm bum material, my bike is 17 years old etc. LOL!

Old 02-28-2022 | 10:20 AM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

Without reading all 13 pages I'm not sure if this has been said, but 30 or so years ago I adopted the saying "It's not about riding anymore, it's a friggin fashion show!" when I was associated with a certain group of riders. So I left. I do have some HD branded clothing that I wear when I ride though. Having been riding for 55 yrs now you tend to set an image and friends and family still gift me with HD stuff. But that being said, I don't shop at Harley.

The following 2 users liked this post by brakeless:
SPRINGER (02-28-2022), Super Glidester (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 10:58 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
I have HD boots that were a gift, my jackets is denim and my leather is non HD. I do like the boots, I also have HD T shirts. I was in a dealer last summer wearing Mil issue black boots,, BDU pants, mil issue, and a HD tank top, with a bandanna on my head as a liner for under my helmet. I got a look or two from the HD everything crowd...I'm sure I'm bum material, my bike is 17 years old etc. LOL!
Interesting take. That's cool that you are who you are - with no apologies

Like I said, my tees are generally HD. But not my jeans. Not my helmet. Not my boots. And not my gloves. Way too overpriced and honestly not my style if I can find something I like better and less expensive.

Unless it's a travel destination type purchase, many of my HD tees are generally from the sale rack. I really have to like it to pay $30 or $40 for a T-shirt.

Old 02-28-2022 | 11:26 AM
Oko
Club Member
Riders Club Member

THREAD KILLER POST:

Leather Spongbob thong with silver nipple rings. With skulls attached.

NOW TRY AND GET THAT OUTTA YOUR HEAD!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The following users liked this post:
2500hdon37s (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 11:43 AM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

Okay I'll share this site with you. It's where I buy some great tees. I also buy off the discount rack at Renegade Classics, and work tees and jeans from Wally's. Enjoy!

https://www.foulmouthshirts.com/

Old 02-28-2022 | 11:57 AM
sherob
Elite HDF Member

Weather, seasons, self preservation and survival dictate my gear, not what I ride... hi-viz yellow Olympia jacket for winter/fall riding, hi-viz Motoport Kevlar Mesh jacket for spring/summer, white HJC I90 flipup helmet w/ tunes, Tourmaster Solution Air and WP boots, various gloves.

I do own and wear various bike shirts and hoodies, including HD. I'll toss a HD hoodie on when I drop by the stealership for things for the hell of it.

Old 02-28-2022 | 12:01 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member

I said no, but then I remembered that I have several HD tee shirts and HD raingear.

But my question is, who cares?

Have you ever stopped and said, hey, there is a guy in a Harley jacket, or tee shirt, or socks.....outside of Walmart that is!

Last edited by son of the hounds; 02-28-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2022 | 12:47 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sherob
Weather, seasons, self preservation and survival dictate my gear, not what I ride... hi-viz yellow Olympia jacket for winter/fall riding, hi-viz Motoport Kevlar Mesh jacket for spring/summer, white HJC I90 flipup helmet w/ tunes, Tourmaster Solution Air and WP boots, various gloves.

I do own and wear various bike shirts and hoodies, including HD. I'll toss a HD hoodie on when I drop by the stealership for things for the hell of it.
Heh, gotta represent right! Rest of the time it's the Gorton's Fisherman. Here comes Kool Aid! I'm just messing with you. You do you.

Old 02-28-2022 | 01:30 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by brakeless
Without reading all 13 pages I'm not sure if this has been said, but 30 or so years ago I adopted the saying "It's not about riding anymore, it's a friggin fashion show!" when I was associated with a certain group of riders. So I left. I do have some HD branded clothing that I wear when I ride though. Having been riding for 55 yrs now you tend to set an image and friends and family still gift me with HD stuff. But that being said, I don't shop at Harley.
I will have to agree with ya about "It's not about riding anymore, it's a friggin fashion show!" I can't remember how many times people have come on here and asked, how does this look or how does that look. Whatever happened to riding just for the enjoyment of it instead of being so concerned if they look ok. I guess I am just showing my age but sheeeesh, give it a break.

brakeless (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022 | 01:38 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I will have to agree with ya about "It's not about riding anymore, it's a friggin fashion show!" I can't remember how many times people have come on here and asked, how does this look or how does that look. Whatever happened to riding just for the enjoyment of it instead of being so concerned if they look ok. I guess I am just showing my age but sheeeesh, give it a break.
Exactly! Glad you said it and not me. Oh what the Hell, it's like the guys that want to look a certain way and ask the forum members how they should care for their beard. (Now I'm in trouble! LOL!)

SPRINGER (02-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?