General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you wear HD label attire when riding?
YES
41.96%
NO
58.04%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Whattaya Wear When Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021 | 09:27 AM
The_Commander
Advanced

I wear a No1 HD leather jacket when riding, its good quality and I think it looks cool But then Im just a new HD rider so I love all that stuff, ask me in a few years

Old 10-01-2021 | 10:26 AM
warprints
Road Warrior

More likely than not I'll have a HD t-shirt on, but you may never know. I wear the same stuff regardless of which bike I'm riding (also have Goldwing, V-strom, Ninja1000) - Alpinestar sport boots, Armored jacket, jeans (armored on occasion), gloves and FF helmet.

Old 10-02-2021 | 10:35 PM
crtfibl
Grand HDF Member

I'm pretty much ATGATT. Leather jacket is HD branded (got it when I got the bike with store credits I negotiated), although more recently got a new one, non-branded (on the outside). Otherwise, I have a some shirts but don't go out of my way to wear them when riding. Passengers are an entirely different story.

Old 10-03-2021 | 02:06 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

In a recent thread I discussed my Perfecto which I just sent in for service.

That jacket is 25 years old. Give or take.

My more versatile jacket, however, is my Firstgear Kathmandu jacket.

I've had the Kat for probably 10 years or so and it does pretty much everything. It works particularly well as a rain jacket. It's the jacket I use when touring as it works the best in almost every weather condition.

My FXRG jacket is my winter jacket.

That FXRG weighs a ton, is the warmest jacket I've ever owner and is practically bulletproof. With the liner put in, a t-shirt and a fleece pullover, I have been into the low teens with that jacket and I was very warm.

My Firstgear jacket looks a bit rough and is likely in need of a replacement sooner than later. It doesn't owe me a damn thing though. The FXRG, however, still looks terrific. It's in great condition and seems to have many years of service left in it.

I have several other jackets, yet, the above three are the jackets that get used.

I'll discuss my shoes, helmets, gloves and pants on other upcoming posts.

The following users liked this post:
maxxym (02-28-2022)
Old 10-03-2021 | 04:04 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master

Oddly, when I drive my Honda Civic, I’m 100% HD; and when I ride my Hog I’m head to toe Harley. Not intentional; it just works out that way. Weird, huh?

Old 02-27-2022 | 04:36 PM
Ragnorok
Advanced
Veteran: Army

At the risk of de-zombifying a thread...

My entire street riding 'career' I've worn combat boots, full leather gloves, a full face helmet, and the heaviest leather jacket I could afford. I was wearing all that when I was T-Boned by a car, thrown through the air far enough to spin end-for-end four times (like raggedy anne flung by a little girl) and got away with a bruised shoulder and a severely mashed up leg. Nothing could have prevented the latter b/c the car hit me right at the footpeg. If I didn't have good thick-soled boots on I wouldn't have a right foot.

I go back and forth between Shoei and Arai full-face helmets. Shoei are quieter but fog up below 60F, Arai are noiser and don't fog much above 50F, or so decades of wearing them both has bourne out. I had a Shoei on when I was hit and I must have landed on my head and left shoulder, based on where the football-sized bruise was, but I couldn't even find a scratch on it to show where it hit the pavement. I have an Arai now b/c I live in NH and I'm tired of the Shoei fogging up on cool evenings in the Spring & Fall.

I have always been one to wear as much protection as possible. After the accident I got similiar gear, but found a buffalo hide coat in multiple layers and some good chaps, black ofc. I wear them ALWAYS. I've been in 102F, brutal humidity, and full sun stuck in traffic in NoVA. I had all that on. I rode Glytr from NH to Tail of The Dragon last summer, 97F and what felt like even more brutal sun & humidity in SC. Stopped every THIRTY minutes for water, but I still had all that on.

I have no HD branded riding gear. Some T-shirts, mainly because I do Tail of The Dragon with Steel Rain and they stop at every Harley dealer they can find. (grin) T-shirts seem to stick to me or something. lol...

- Rags

The following users liked this post:
Cruisinferburgers (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022 | 09:18 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member

My answer is

Old 02-28-2022 | 07:50 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Lightbulb

My wife and I wear Harley gear almost all the time when riding. Our friends do, so we do. Peer pressure, perhaps. It's just a thing.

As far as leather jackets, I've been disappointed with most of those I have found at places like Cycle Gear. Many other leather stores are the old school, double breasted, James Dean style. I have one and it's uncomfortable. Especially walking around unzipped. The HD leathers are very expensive. But I found one on sale, very soft and insulated. No obnoxious logos or trim. I still have the first 'Street and Steel' textile jacket I purchased 8 years ago. It is very faded but heavy and armored. It started as black and now is mostly grey. As for mesh, I have a Harley jacket. But took me years to choose a good one that didn't have a billboard size bar & shield or was obnoxious orange. It's low key and looks cool.

Chaps are 'Street & Steel' No one cares if those are HD or not. Rain gear is HD and yes that is where I DO want something orange and "loud" to be seen in bad weather. Wife's rain gear is actually pink LOL

Note: Many jackets at Cycle Gear, for example, are European and the zippers are reversed. WTF Nobody wants that!! I do not need that BS messing with my head when I ride!

As for tee shirts, yeah usually I wear Harley. I have so many. XL for lounging around the house. L (a little tighter) for riding.

TMI probably but the OP asked LOL

Old 02-28-2022 | 09:47 AM
RHPAW
Banned

This. Nobody cuts me off...ever.

Old 02-28-2022 | 10:11 AM
jwt873
Road Warrior

The only Harley branded item I have is a baseball cap. I keep it in my saddlebag and plunk it on my head whenever I get off the bike.. Covers up the helmet hair

Quick Reply: Whattaya Wear When Riding?