General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding, and highheals??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: riding, and highheals??

ORIGINAL: cadman311

That a high heel.

Were do you all come up with all these photos. Love it, I just don't have the time I guess I must ride too much!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Drelkor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Themain problem I see with spiky heels and riding your own bike (not on the back) is stability at a stop. Spiky heels are not all that stable to begin with and usually don't have much traction.if the bike were to start to lean you could easily drop the bike. More power to anyone who can wear them but I’m not taking any chances of dropping my bike. I want to have as much control as I can. I firmly believe you must wear a good “riding” boot….not just any boot. Riding boots provide more support and traction. My current boots are flat with no heel. I wouldn’t mind finding a riding boot with a 1 inch heel or something similar.
I agree here. Most any shoes will work under normal circumstances, but it's those other conditions that make shoes like spikey heels dangerous (although they look damn sexy). Backing a bagger up an incline will really test your shoe's ability to hold the bike up. Add a pinch of sand, dirt, or fine gravel and it makes it outright dangerous. Even as a 6'1" guy, sometimes my footing slips a little trying to back up my Road King when I get in a position where backing it up an incline is my only option. I've never dropped it, but I attribute that to being able to recover quickly because I have long legs, good boots, and normally when the ball of my foot looses traction, it's my heel that saves the day. If I were a 5'4"female that couldn't flat foot the bike on the same incline with shoes without a good solid sole, I don't know that the bike could be recovered before it leaned too far over.

This is also one of those situations where having a lowered bike (shocks and/or seat height) actually does help, at least for me. Despite that my Street Glide weighs more than my Road King, it is infinately easier to back up under the exact same conditions. In situations where you can't flat foot it, a small slip on sand, dirt, or gravel means the bike goes down because once the ball of your foot loses traction, the heel isn't there to try to grab that last chance for traction.

Drel

Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Drelkor
Cruiser

So where's the picture of the REALLY tall girl that is supposed to fill those shoes?? I'll bet she can flat foot, even in those heels.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:57 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser

I don't do kitchens. Too busy with the horses and the bike.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:47 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Just thought I'd check back on this thread. Still no pictures? [&o]

Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

High heels or no heels, even the best boots will slide on a bit of sand, or oil when you least expect it.... & getting a broken ankle just for vanityon a Harley, isn't worth it...

Heather have you looked at the HD line of ladies boots? Some of the ones with the zipper up the side have a decent heel.. & are comfortable.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

whooh, I 'bout fell outta me chair, [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

uh hmmm, I want one [8D],

.....but how about black!!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Katie

High heels or no heels, even the best boots will slide on a bit of sand, or oil when you least expect it.... & getting a broken ankle just for vanityon a Harley, isn't worth it...

Heather have you looked at the HD line of ladies boots? Some of the ones with the zipper up the side have a decent heel.. & are comfortable.
Oh yeah...I've checked them out. Just no money in the budget for new boots right now. Maybe next season.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: riding, and high heals??

See that....I thought this thread was about getting some female wearing high heel shoes on the back of my bike. Normally I would tell the skank to hit the ramp and keep rolling, but for a quick piece who knows....I might give the right girl a ride....even if she did have high heels on.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Amy

I lowered my Sportster all the way around and even bought a Barebones seat and then shaved...
...When I got that far into this post, I really thought it was going to be interesting.

Quick Reply: riding, and highheals??