General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding, and highheals??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
ken01976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding, and highheals??

I'd agree with adjusting the bike, not the boots. Shocks,seat,tires. You can even get a lowering bracket for the shocks that increases the angle of the shocks to lower even more.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

if a pair of said boots, arrived at my house, in a size 9, I would be willing to try them on, and take a pic

my daughter, said a size 10 would be better, because she's cuter than me.Ok guys, wait 4 mo. then she'll be 18, and we could post a pic of her in them as well [8D]

Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Far 3ast
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: jblksmith1

You guys are bad. I am 5'1 and really don't worry too much about flat footing anything after 25 yrs on a bike. How about just lowering the bike and keeping your height the same?
Not. Because lowering your bike reduces suspension travel, reduces available lean angle, and makes for a harsher ride, and wearing a boot with a thicker sole does not.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Far 3ast

Not. Because lowering your bike reduces suspension travel, reduces available lean angle, and makes for a harsher ride, and wearing a boot with a thicker sole does not.
Good point. My husband had his Softail lowered 3" last fall, and I know it really impacted the ride. And it did affect the lean angle too. He's not unhappy with the ride, but it is rougher than it was before from what he's told me (since I haven't ridden it since the modifications have been done).

Old 08-07-2007, 09:16 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

You guys are bad. I am 5'1 and really don't worry too much about flat footing anything after 25 yrs on a bike. How about just lowering the bike and keeping your height the same?
Okay......all youwomen talking about vixen boots and technical talk about suspension travel and lean angles has me needing a cold shower. [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wear a pair of boots that have a spiky heal to them . I have tried riding with the chunky heals but I don't like them as much. I have mid controls and the heals I have fit perfectly with the pegs.

I have to admit I have begging Mark to modify me some sort of pegs so I can wear all my high heal sandals when riding.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
webbed
Intermediate

GAGIRL, that is such a cool looking horse in your sig! I thought it was a Great Dane at first. What breed is it? Ed

Old 08-08-2007, 03:46 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok now, all you guys who slam your bikes be careful of that lean angle.

Come on girls, this is where I think we are supposed to take off our shoes and get back in the kitchen to bake some cookies or something. Yes, lowering a bike will change theway it handles but that does not mean that it can't besafely done.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was out ride the other night with some 10 women bikersand ask them about riding with high heels. Girls do not ride with them. Stupid girls will try. That is what girl told me. They all had harleys and some of the smaller girls had bigger road kings and dynas

Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

True. Which is why I haven't lowered mine, but if it comes down to a choice between feeling more secure handling my bike when I have my feet down for stops, tight turns, and backing up the bike to having a harsher ride; I would opt for the harsher ride and probably just make some modifications for a cushier seat.

Quick Reply: riding, and highheals??