General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding, and highheals??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 PM
AR_Guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding, and highheals??

I was walking in Times Square last Wednesday, in the fashion district. I saw a tall woman who looked like a model. She was riding a Ducati in shorts and High Heel stiletto open toe shoes! the light changed before I could get a cell phone pic and she was gone.

This is a crazy city.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:41 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

The boots I wear have a one inch heal, typical riding boots.

I have ridden (as a passenger) in Chaps and 4 inch heals...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Far 3ast

Icon make some boots with high heels. Looks like they're pretty tall:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...mp;Division=1#

Holy wow, what kinda ridin' ya gonna do in them? And can I go along?

Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 AM
chicksryd2
Intermediate

I'm 5'3" and actually got a seat custom-made so that I could stand flat-footed in 1" boots.

Myfavorite boots are made by Harley and have a 3/4" platform under the foot and a 1 3/4" heel, so they work out perfectly. I have ridden with knee-high boots with a 3" chunky heel, and I actually thought it was pretty easy. Like another poster said, the peg just sits right in front of the heel and keeps it pretty stable. They're oil-resistant and they're great for getting enough traction to get the bike moving backward. I've thought of wearing 'em with shorts one of these 100-degree So Cal days, butit seems just a bit too unsafe ;-)

Of course, when I was a passenger,I always wore these cute, but smooth-bottomed chunky 2-inch heels. Again, they fit the pegs perfectly.

I'd suggest that your friend try on some riding boots with abit ofplatform under the foot...it adds heightand also tempers the severity of the heel height. Hope this helps...

Keep riding out there ladies!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: ladyglide

all my threads, and this is the one y'all respond to the most , you'ld think a bunch of leathered up biker dudes hang out here or sumpthin',lol[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

So.......where's the pics?[8D]

Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser

You guys are bad. I am 5'1 and really don't worry too much about flat footing anything after 25 yrs on a bike. How about just lowering the bike and keeping your height the same?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: jblksmith1

You guys are bad. I am 5'1 and really don't worry too much about flat footing anything after 25 yrs on a bike. How about just lowering the bike and keeping your height the same?
Exactly! At 5'2" that makes SO much more sense to me than trying to add height by putting something on my feet. I ride in a set of Milwaukee biker boots that probably have an inch and three-quarters heel and am very comfortable on my deluxe in them with regard to height and stability. Although, it has been suggested that I still lower my bike another inch in back for added stability, which I might evenutally do. Maybe it's just me, but heels over two inches, even the chunky kind, are going to take stability away from your ankles and just sounds like trouble on a bike, period, so I'm just not going there. I'll just have to be purty/sexy enough as I am.

BTW, chaps do not have a$$es. I'm sure there are some a$$es out there with chaps though. [8D]

Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad some here is thinking. Lowering the is much better. 1" short shock and a smaller profile tire makes the bike alot more perfect size. Then wear boots made for the ride. But you can still send picture of the high heel bikers. That would make my day.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: chicksryd2

I'm 5'3" and actually got a seat custom-made so that I could stand flat-footed in 1" boots.

Myfavorite boots are made by Harley and have a 3/4" platform under the foot and a 1 3/4" heel, so they work out perfectly. I have ridden with knee-high boots with a 3" chunky heel, and I actually thought it was pretty easy. Like another poster said, the peg just sits right in front of the heel and keeps it pretty stable. They're oil-resistant and they're great for getting enough traction to get the bike moving backward. I've thought of wearing 'em with shorts one of these 100-degree So Cal days, butit seems just a bit too unsafe ;-)

Of course, when I was a passenger,I always wore these cute, but smooth-bottomed chunky 2-inch heels. Again, they fit the pegs perfectly.

I'd suggest that your friend try on some riding boots with abit ofplatform under the foot...it adds heightand also tempers the severity of the heel height. Hope this helps...

Keep riding out there ladies!
So then you are in favor ofleather vixen boots?I think in order to get a real honest appraisal of the situation, we must have you try these boots on and demonstrate them to us. We will need to document this of course with photos of you wearing said leather vixen boots in various applications. Now at this point, I'd like to suggest that since these boots are very high and the boots are the subject we are trying to evaluate here, it will be important for you to wear clothing that does not conceal or cover up the boots in any way. Shorts for example would allow a good view of the boots. Naturally since we are trying to evaluatewhether they would be useful as a riding boot, we will want you to include many additional photos of youon your Harley. Feel free to PM me with the photos, so I can evaluate them and recommend the best ones suited to the forum. No need to thank me. I'm just here to help. [sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

I can see how heels and a heel shifter would cause problems. Don't even want to try it....I'll stick with my low heeled H-D boots. I'm not real graceful anyways.....

Quick Reply: riding, and highheals??