General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Biketoberfest

You can also ride north on A1A to Flagler Beach. It is a real nice ride along the ocean. On your way to Flagler Beach,there is a nice little pizza shop on Ormond Beach - Stavros Pizzaat 1350 Ocean Shore Boulevard. I stop in there every time I'm over that way.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going this year last time there was 2004 we had a blast. We stay in New Symrna Beach which is just a little south of Daytona but is a little more reserved and not so crowded. We spend a day in Daytona looking around, shopping ,grabbing the hog pin, and then we spend the rest of the time riding around Florida lot's of stuff to see which we don't see here in the Artic.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped in at Rossmeyers yesterday, man that place has blown up. i try to avoid it during bike week and biketoberfest. hitting main street is a must. Stop at the Iron horse and the dog pound, always good action there. you will have a good time.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
mr.hammond
Road Captain

if you are taking wife and kids,check out sun viking lodge on A1A.its right on beach,biker friendly as long as you are being respectful,and is for couples 25 and older or families.i go there every year for vacation.we have never had any disapointments.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with you. I make Daytona a stop on the way to Key West. Be forewarned that Key West has their Fantasyfest going on Oct 19-28th. If you're squeamish about seeing beautiful, mostly naked women, you might not want to go there that week. Me, I haven't missed it the last five years. Also, there won't be any rooms available as they're sold out far in advance.
In Daytona unless you want to put out upwards of $200 a night all you'll get is a dump to lay your head down at night. Many of the vendors have moved from the track and relocated at Destination Daytona.

The last three years I've taken the cheap way out and camped out in the infield at the track for $20/night. Been real lucky with the wheather so far.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
rustyrun
Tourer

Guess you got the jist of what to do. Find a motel away from Daytona and you will find a nicer place for less money. I ride up from Melbourne every year and just do a few things. Mainstreet, Flea market, Speedway, Rossmyers, and of course the loop. Nice ride. ride. ride. ride....

I camp out at Cabbage Patch. Decent place and if you accidently get tanked you only have to stumble a 100 feet or so to your tent. You see a lot at this place. Crazy fun and Ronnie and staff are great.

HeatherC was commenting on earlier posts that they ran into some Outlaws & Mongols at Nova campground. Where is that bar Port Hole you liked so much HeatherC?

October is much cooler in weather, less crowded, and I feel a better tiime than Bikeweek. Either way you will have a good time just be safe.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Fastlane
Tourer

The new HD store on US 1 is one big traffic jam in both directions. I would go early morning or not at all.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Good point about Rossmyer's - get there early ! There's enough to do there to burn a good portion of the day.

If you like Southern rock and Jimmy Van Zant is playing at Broken Spoke that weekend, you need to go.

Though I've never stayed at one, I've heard the campgrounds are sureal...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll see Rossmyer's first on your way in to Daytona. Thats a" must do" stop. Then you will hit Ormond beach on US1. You could spend a whole day there without even getting to Daytona. Lots to do on both sides of the road. Broken Spoke, Iron Horse & lots more. BTW lots more fun after dark! When you get to Daytona, go to "Main Street" but do yourself a huge favor and park your bike and walk over the bridge! My first trip to main street I learned the hard way. The bike trafic on the bridge was terrible. People were running out of gas because they had no idea it was going to take so long to get across. Bikes getting too hot & shutting off. Bad scene. Besides when you do get across, you can't find a close parking spot anyway! As far as hotels/motels, you may want to stay in St.Augustine or Palm Coast if you want a "nicer" room. Anyhoo, have fun & ride safe. Hope some of this was helpful.
Joe

Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Rick 547
Tourer

Daytona is a special place. Wheather you go in the March or October it is always a great time. I have been going for years and now spend every February and March in the area.

For me it is all about Main Street. Nothing like watching all the people and enjoying the music. The Full Moon Saloon has great music all week long. Parking has never been a problem as there are pay lots up and down Main Street. Getting there sometimes can be a little problem from time to time, especially if you try co come in from Beach Street across the intercostal on Main Street. I could tell you the quick way to get there but then everyone would then know and it would not be quick any longer.

Ride south on A1A towards Ponce Inlet Light House. Stop at the North Turn for a great burger and a drink. You can sit out on the deck and watch the ocean. Further down A1A is Down the Hatch Restaurant it sits on the intercostal and always has good food and drink.

Try the Deck Down Under in Port Orange, great fish sandwiches. It is located on Dunlawton Ave under the intercostal bridge on the beach side.

If you get down to New Smyrna Beach check out the Flager Tavern and Brakers onFlagler Ave.You can sit on the porch at the Flager Tavern and watch all thebikes go by. TheBreakers sits on the ocean and has a great view of the beach. Also in New Smyrna is Chases on the Beach and JB's Fish Camp. Chases is a great place to eat and it sits right on the ocean, all seating is open air seating. J'Bs Fish Camp is a must place to see. It is rustic in nature and the sea food is great.

Also in New Smyrna Beach is Pub 44. It is located on State Road 44 and is next to New Smyrna Beach Harley Davidson.

Ride north on A1A to St Augustine along the ocean. It is a great ride and plenty of places to stop along the way.

On US 1 in Ormond Beach is Destination Daytona, The Broken Spoke Saloon and Iron Horse Saloon. Both the Broken Spoke and the Iron Horse can be a wild place at night.

Many more places to see and do in and around Daytona. So enjoy your time down there and ride safe.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest