General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Reveal Date

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2021 | 06:50 PM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member

wake me up when the Bronx or a BMW RT type bike arrives on this motor.

Old 06-21-2021 | 09:38 PM
MoBillyAla
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Default not a fan of the muff

Originally Posted by itsdug
No thanks.

Not a fan of this bike overall, but if they fixed the stupid "fording" kit exhaust I might could like it a little. I do not like the handlebars either, but I always change them anyways so not a deal breaker. As several have said, if they would introduce the Bronx that would get me a little excited. I do love the Pan America and seriously giving it a few looks here and there. Overall, I do not think I would ever want this bike, but PA and Bronx, yeh they could come home with me.

Old 06-21-2021 | 09:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
I sure miss the days when Honda was trying to copy Harley and not the other way around.

The following users liked this post:
TroubleHead Fred (06-21-2021)
Old 06-21-2021 | 10:22 PM
panheadache
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
Here's the next Revolution powered bike reveal date.

(1) From Evolution to Revolution | Harley-Davidson - YouTube

Haters gonna hate. I hate the cisgender seat. I am repulsed by the micro skinny jean rear fender. I loath the orchiectomied front fender. The front tire is too big, which I hate. The headlight makes me puke. The pipes reek. Your right gluteus cheek 3" from a red hot pipe? I really hate that. Hate, repulsion, hate, loath, despise, hate. Did I mention I don't like it? Ehhh, maybe I'll hate it less when I see it in person....

Old 06-22-2021 | 04:11 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by panheadache
Haters gonna hate. I hate the cisgender seat. I am repulsed by the micro skinny jean rear fender. I loath the orchiectomied front fender. The front tire is too big, which I hate. The headlight makes me puke. The pipes reek. Your right gluteus cheek 3" from a red hot pipe? I really hate that. Hate, repulsion, hate, loath, despise, hate. Did I mention I don't like it? Ehhh, maybe I'll hate it less when I see it in person....
I had to look that word up.

Makes me wonder how you knew it.

Old 06-22-2021 | 05:36 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by VAFish
From "Evolution" to "Revolution" sure sounds like a new Sportster.
I actually hope this doesn't replace the Sportster. This is a totally different animal all together. This is one of those bikes that it is what it is and not really much of a platform to customize. I mean you can change the exhaust and things like that but that's about it. It would make a good performance muscle bike but not a blank canvas for total customization.

The Sportster you can buy and build whatever you dream up. You can build an old school bobber a Cafe racer, dirt track racer a chopper ect ect the sky is the limit. It's a staple.

Harley needs to concentrate on old school style. That's what the people want. I'm not saying not to make this. I think it would make an awesome 2nd bike and a beast to rip around on. But I think they need to go more the Rivival direction and being back more old school designs except make more the 1500.

If Harley switches over to bikes like this Custom 1250 or whatever it's going to be called they will kill their customization Market. That would be dumb considering how much money they make on parts. You ain't going to throw ape hangers on this thing or a sissy bar amd definitely won't be able to build it into something different like you can with traditional Harleys.

The following users liked this post:
stratplexi (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021 | 07:21 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

I kinda like the looks of the 1250 Custom. Its not quite as cool looking as a Sportster but its got its own vibe going on. I'd be interested in riding one to see how it performs.

Old 06-22-2021 | 08:03 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member

Harley Davidson better do a better job of delivering on the performance promise than they did the FXDR.

I like it but I am in the market for a power cruiser. The specs on the power based upon the Pan American have me interested. Can they deliver on the rest? I do feel like this is Vrod 2.0. Make it a great handling, lighter weight with great brakes to compete at a decent price and I'm in.

I would like to see this be able to compete with Ducati Diavel, Yamaha V-Max and Triump Rocket 3. Not just beat other Harleys.

Old 06-22-2021 | 09:44 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Walter White
Harley Davidson better do a better job of delivering on the performance promise than they did the FXDR.

I would like to see this be able to compete with Ducati Diavel, Yamaha V-Max and Triump Rocket 3. Not just beat other Harleys.
This is an issue isn't it? The new Pan Am has a feature set that stands out among all Harley motorcycles at a price point that can lead to head scratching. So if this power cruiser comes along and does the same again it should hopefully put pressure on the MOCO to up the ante with tour bike features. Its been seven years since the last overhaul of the tour line and it certainly needs an update.

I am not worried about the Revolution Max line displacing or replacing the Sportster line up, engines and chassis have changed before. Its time Harley flex its engineering muscle. They can keep their "Vintage" large v twins but they should not hold them back in opening new markets

The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisHo:
iBloke (06-24-2021), Walter White (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021 | 10:35 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member

This isn't replacing the Sportster but just one of the bikes that will replace them. After the uproar when they killed the Dyna line I believe they will peel the bandage off slowly and let the Sportster die one bike at a time. The writing was clearly on the wall when they took the Sportster category off their website and quietly stuck them in the new "Street" section. I don't think they say "Sportster" on the website and the new bikes I've seen don't say Sportster on the tank decal anymore, just says Harley Davidson. They are just slowly switching them out. jmo

Quick Reply: New Reveal Date