General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad MSF ??? Is This Right ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:26 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bad MSF ??? Is This Right ???

Lets say it together shall we? LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! Or was that not what you meant to say?

ORIGINAL: slacker
Did the RiderCoach make you push the bike 150 yards? I think your anger may have clouded your memory as I doubt it very seriously any RiderCoach would ever even think such a thing.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Joe376
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Lots of experts on MSF in here....

First, I was not in the original poster's class. But I can tell you this.

1) MSF RiderCoaches are not the ones that developed the material
2) MSF RiderCoaches are not able to change the cirruculum when they feel like it. They have to follow the cards.
3) At the end of exercise 1 the card says "Have riders mount and, in small groups, straddle walk to start position for next exercise".

It DOES NOT say power walk, which would be using the motorcycle's engine. That means they expect you to PUSH the motorcycle from wherever you start to the start location for the second exercise. Don't believe me? Look at the picture below which I just scanned from page 3 of my MSF Range Cards.

Did the RiderCoach make you push the bike 150 yards? I think your anger may have clouded your memory as I doubt it very seriously any RiderCoach would ever even think such a thing. Perhaps you mean 50 yards, and I can see that happening even on our small range. And any time a rider has problems I can guarantee you a RiderCoach will be behind their bike pushing them along.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3802/CA7D1B0D403E42598254BC8DEE66661D.jpg[/IMG]
Did you read this whole thread? I think you didnt.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
slacker
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Lets say it together shall we? LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! Or was that not what you meant to say?

Did the RiderCoach make you push the bike 150 yards? I think your anger may have clouded your memory as I doubt it very seriously any RiderCoach would ever even think such a thing.

I said what I meant to say. Telling a lie indicates a willing misrepresentation of facts. I indicated that perhaps he was unknowingly mistaken in his "facts". Maybe he really thinks it was 150 yards. Or maybe it actually was 150 yards and I am wrong. It sure wouldn't be the first time. But as I started my post, I was not there and I do not know.

ORIGINAL: Joe376
Did you read this whole thread? I think you didnt.
And yes, I read the thread. I added what was not provided previously. There are lots of stories of experiences, and a couple of people provided some MSF information but not a single post prior to mine indicated that walking a bike was part of the REQUIREMENT for the class. If someone did then perhaps I missed it in this 4 page thread.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He said 150 yards 4 diff times in the thread,then called out the course by name. I think he would have his facts down by now. Its not hard for the average joe to tell the diff between 150 ft (3 average house lengths) and a 150 yrds. (9 house lengths)
And then you say you guarantee a coach would be there helping him push. We dam, your guarantee dont seem to good but I guess its better than no guarantee at all.[&:] just saying..............

btw "straddle walk" is diff than pushing the bike.

"Did the RiderCoach make you push the bike 150 yards? I think your anger may have clouded your memory as I doubt it very seriously any RiderCoach would ever even think such a thing. Perhaps you mean 50 yards, and I can see that happening even on our small range. And any time a rider has problems I can guarantee you a RiderCoach will be behind their bike pushing them along. "

Old 08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Texian
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: x2lee

He said 150 yards 4 diff times in the thread,then called out the course by name. I think he would have his facts down by now. Its not hard for the average joe to tell the diff between 150 ft (3 average house lengths) and a 150 yrds. (9 house lengths)
And then you say you guarantee a coach would be there helping him push. We dam, your guarantee dont seem to good but I guess its better than no guarantee at all.[&:] just saying..............

btw "straddle walk" is diff than pushing the bike.

"Did the RiderCoach make you push the bike 150 yards? I think your anger may have clouded your memory as I doubt it very seriously any RiderCoach would ever even think such a thing. Perhaps you mean 50 yards, and I can see that happening even on our small range. And any time a rider has problems I can guarantee you a RiderCoach will be behind their bike pushing them along. "
It was very easy to judge the distance.
The parking lot whereall this took place in is next to the stadium,only separated by a two lane parking lot "road" that runs the length of the lot and stadium.
The storage area was further north than the north outside end of the stadium.Where the start of the course is isjust about even with the south outside end of the stadium.

We had exercise 1 at the storage area. Here is where I think they are able to justify to themselves the 150 yard push....Exercise 2 is at the start of the course. So.....walk it to the excercise 2 point.
It was not walking asSlacker said.They showed us how to stand BESIDE the bike and push.Even told us not to try and catch the bike if it started to drop to the other side from where we where pushing from.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
slacker
Cruiser

x2lee,

What is your problem? Read my post and you will see:

"Perhaps you mean 50 yards, and I can see that happening even on our small range. And any time a rider has problems I can guarantee you a RiderCoach will be behind their bike pushing them along. "

Notice my thought was towards what happens at our range? At our range it is common to see a RiderCoach push a bike, and that is exactly what I said. Our range is not level and the particular task my response was about is difficult for students and every class I am a coach for or observe at least one of the RiderCoaches is pushing at least one bike and often pushing two or three.

Regardless of whether you are beside a bike or straddle walking, you are still pushing the bike. There is no power involved (other than human power).

Finally, he said 150 yards 4 times so that MUST make it true, right? So if I say my 2005 Ultra is really a 2008 4 or 5 times will that automatically give me the larger engine, 6 speed transmission and an updated warranty? According to your logic it will. Can I live in your world?

Finally, perhaps my sharing my experience was not the smartest thing for me to do. You seem to be the only expert this thread needs and you seem to have all of the answers.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
slacker
Cruiser

If they made you push the bike from the side then that is a local decision they made and is not part of the instructions on the range cards.

And if you pushed it 150 yards that would not be a lot of fun.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Texian
Banned

Slacker,see my post right of above yours.

I wish there had been a Coach there willing tohelp as you have said you are. I take you at your word that you do.

How about doing the same towards me ?

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
slacker
Cruiser

As I said, that sucks. I was merely trying to provide information based on my experience. How it became a personal argument I don't know.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Texian
Banned

I'm not taking this personal at all, as far as you are concerned.

I thank you for the info on the instructions concerning what is to happen between Exercise 1 &2. They were very loosely using it as a way for the students to move the bikes to the course for them.

Something else I don't understand is why theyhave the start at the furthest point from the storage. It was one huge empty parking lot.
Couldn't they just as easy put the start right next to the end where the storage is ???

Quick Reply: Bad MSF ??? Is This Right ???