General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here not feel guilty about missing Bike Week?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010 | 06:17 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

No guilt. I've been a ton of times and just not like it use to be. I'd much rather do Thunder Beach these days.

Old 02-07-2010 | 08:39 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

to the original poster. If I was you I would not feel guilty at all sitting up in cold assed Ohio freezeing my bizalls off, looking out the living room window while snow is blowing and then looking at the garage where your bike has been hibernating for the last 4 months with a dieing battery while everyone down here in lame assed Daytona is riding the shizit out of there bikes, pulling over by the beach to check out the ocean and smelling the nice ocean breeze, and just generally having the worst time of their lives. If I were you I would not trade your place in your living room for a million bucks. Sounds like a great time. Maybe you and your mates can go out and have a snow ball fight.

Old 02-07-2010 | 09:11 AM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I feel guilty? No. Man I have one hell of a time while I am there though. Rallies are just like life, it is what you make out of it.

Old 02-07-2010 | 09:46 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Guilty?? I never attend Bike Week.

Old 02-07-2010 | 10:51 AM
fladawg01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never feel guilty. They just aren't like they used to be. At one time it was an enjoyable adult party.

Now many of the younger groups have grown up and believe it's a family outing and bring kids. I have no issues with kids & family, but then they wonder why the outsiders are against the partying, drinking and carousing. I have been to a few outings and I am amazed where there is drinking going on, when a t-shirt contest or similar is started and people come with kids in tow.

Maybe it's me, but there are family places like Disney, movies and other venues for family, but IMHO bike outings unless being labeled as family specific are not for kids.

Old 02-07-2010 | 11:16 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Butcher
Not sure what provoked this question....maybe it's because thus far this weekend I have riden all over tarnation and back and have had a hell of a great time doing so.....maybe because of the thousands of times I've been asked, after someone finds out I ride, "so, are you going to bike week?" and my response is most all the time "uh, no". Not for any deliberate avoidance or because I have something wrong with bike weeks, but 1. all the bke weeks fall into my busy season (my business is very seasonal) and 2. I love having my bike to ride it, not trailer it half way across country or ride it 90 mph 2000 miles to sit and get drunk, drool over everyone else's 35,000 custom bike or to watch Paul Sr. and faimily give autographs.....of course many of the girls are gorgeous and there are some cool people there, but all in all, I don't feel guiltyor cheated at all if I don't make it to bike week. Is this strange?
the only strange part is why would you care if we cared?
or is it you just want to post and let everyone know your a real loner and a bit of a snob to top it off? when and if i needed the strokes from what other people thought or think i would start riding hondas or some other pos