General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THIS GETS SO OLD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:26 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: THIS GETS SO OLD!!!

Wouldn't it be fun to have a set of "stop sticks" like the police have on COPS?

Old 08-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bobcowan

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

[/align]

[blockquote]

Most people find it very easy to rude, obnoxious, and dangerous behind the wheel because they are anonamous. Face to face, people are usually pretty pleasant. Usually.

If you think he lives near you, this is what I would do. Find him. Knowck on his door. Be very polite, and explain what happened. Tell him you and the Amish don't appreciate it. Ask him to please slow down and be considerate.

.....then duck to avoid the punch that is now coming your way. [/blockquote]

That's not been my experiance. I'v "confronted" people many times. Be polite, give the respect you expect to recieve, state your case, and let it go. It's as simple as that.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I demand the same frome them." J.W., The Shootist.

My brother in law lives in the country (on a dirt road). He drives very slowly until he gets to the gravel. On his way, there is a Doberman that is allowed to run him down and bite/nip at him as he goes by. He has approached the homeowner, to which he replied. "Take a different route." My BIL then called the Sheriff. The Sheriff asked the guy if he could make arrangements to keep the dog in his yard. To this, they guy replied, "I have had no complaints so far." Now, the neighbor is acting like an ******* when they meet in public, and has passed my BIL (the neighbor in his truck) going fast as hell, purposely getting close to by BIL as he heads for the blacktop.

This guy is a fcking *****, and if you went and told him he was driving erratically, no matter your approach, you are risking a punch in the face. I know this is an isolated incident, but I don't think for one freaking minute that some, or even a few are going to accept driving advice from a Harley owner.

I'm not a 100% sure of how I would react if a stranger came to my door to bust my chops about my driving.Just being honest.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM
bigbrokah
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people find it very easy to rude, obnoxious, and dangerous behind the wheel because they are anonamous. Face to face, people are usually pretty pleasant. Usually.

If you think he lives near you, this is what I would do. Find him. Knowck on his door. Be very polite, and explain what happened. Tell him you and the Amish don't appreciate it. Ask him to please slow down and be considerate.

If that doesn't work, then slash his tires.
I'm LMAO picturing a guy in full leathers etc standing on somebody's front porch saying that both himself and the Amish don't appreciate his driving...

Old 08-05-2007, 11:13 AM
tbenson
Cruiser

Leather non Harley coat at night to work and leather non Harley work boots, thats about as close as all leather it gets for me. I don't even own a Harley shirt. No, I did not get one with my bike purchase. Oh I forgot, I had to purchase Harley gloves when I purchased my bike to ride home in 20-30 degree weather, the gloves I brought were not going to be heavy enough, now I use them when I park in stones or grass under the jiffy.
I see your point though!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:18 AM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: tbenson

Usually I just shrug it off, but this one got to me!
A Ford dually pulling a trailer at least 60-70 mph. on a narrow country road
just about took me and an Amish Family out!
Approaching the Amish buggy I see a truck closing in at a high speed behind them, I back off a little, sure enough without slowing down the truck enters my path almost cliping the buggy, then whips it back into his lane,as the trailer he is pulling goes from one edge to the other sending stones everywhere,
never once breaking stride after the near miss.
I was done if I did not slow down when I saw the truck coming toward us. Things
like this happen so much anymore.
So much for enjoying a beautiful ride! Good thing I was on my way home.
I am sure he lives near me, I was only about 4 miles from my home.
Not trying to sound like a Drama Queen, just getting fed up with the way
people treat others today!

Live near Amish country myself. Ya see this crazy chit all the time.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bigbrokah

I'm LMAO picturing a guy in full leathers etc standing on somebody's front porch saying that both himself and the Amish don't appreciate his driving...
That would be pretty. Especially if you told him the Amish had asked you to represent them.

And Brackneyc, what's happening to your BIL is a crime. When a dog leaves the owner's property to attack a citizen on a public road, that's a crime.All it would take is a little video evidence and a trip to the DA's office. Same thing with the driving events. Reckless driving, harassement, etc, not a felony, but a crime. If the local sherriff won't take care of it, keep going up the chain.

Guys like that are the exception, not the rule. Think of how many people you've encountered over the years. Hundreds, if not thousands. How many have been like this guy? In my case, none. I know of a few from talking to other people. But I'v not come across any. Lucky me.

If calmly and rationally speak to someone about a concern of yours, and their response is to punch you in the face, that person is seriously unbalanced. They have also commited a crime - it's called Battery.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

I would suppose it would be justified to return the dog in a trash bag to the owners front door if he doesn't take steps to control his animal.