General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the next motorcycle you’re thinking about

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021 | 10:07 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
......The RT has 19K miles, all options, extended warranty, clean as a whistle one owner bike. I took it for a test ride. I haven't been on a water-cooled RT yet. It does not disappoint.......
......So to answer the question - What's the next bike? Now you have my answer.

Oh, and I'll have the dealer check the cams. As mentioned, I have an extended warranty and it looks like BMW would cover it anyway.
Congratulations!

BMW's been taking care of the soft cams I know for most original owners, maybe all owners I'm not sure. But with extended warranty you're covered no matter what.
You may likely miss the sound and looks of the Harley but you won't miss the ride and handling.

Old 07-11-2021 | 02:28 AM
Jack the Lad
Tourer
Old 07-11-2021 | 02:57 AM
vonh12
Road Warrior

None!! One is enough and I'll die with it!!

Old 07-11-2021 | 08:22 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

For the first time in many, many years, I'm not even thinking about trading in and getting a new bike. I love this 2020 Heritage.

However, if I wanted to add a second bike, it would be that Street Bob 114 without doubt.

Old 07-11-2021 | 08:59 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Walter White
But did you find a buffet after?
I'm not at that advanced level yet. Give it some time.

Originally Posted by Oakers3
I am not telling you where this one is. But have been after it for 20+ years. It's got miles on it. Any incline and I bet everyone has to push!
Yeah.......Honda Dreams are very underpowered. They must go through clutches every month slipping that clutch just to get rolling from a stop. Mine scares me all on it's own it's so slow.

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Congratulations!

BMW's been taking care of the soft cams I know for most original owners, maybe all owners I'm not sure. But with extended warranty you're covered no matter what.
You may likely miss the sound and looks of the Harley but you won't miss the ride and handling.
I actually love the sound of the BMW. To me it's a snarl vs a rumble. Oddly enough, Cheryl was more concerned about the sound than anything else other than passenger comfort. She contends that loud pipes are safer. I disagree to an extent, but she told me that she could still hear me coming when I brought the bike home. There's a stop sign and a 55 MPH road leading to our sub-division and I always hammer whatever I'm riding to, y'know, blow the carbon out. In this case I used the quick-shift to full effect. It's a pretty unmistakable sound as I'm sure you are aware. So bottom line - she's okay with the sound and so am I.

Originally Posted by tmac00333
For the first time in many, many years, I'm not even thinking about trading in and getting a new bike. I love this 2020 Heritage.

However, if I wanted to add a second bike, it would be that Street Bob 114 without doubt.
Great bike. We rented one in Scottsdale a couple winters ago. It was in the running as the next bike.

Old 07-11-2021 | 09:18 AM
1Sparks
Outstanding HDF Member

At the local dealer, built on a 21 softail standard. An original boat tail behind it. More pics at JL Harley. They have more stuff about it on their facebook page. A potential for next years revival model?

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (07-11-2021)
Old 07-11-2021 | 10:25 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72

I actually love the sound of the BMW. To me it's a snarl vs a rumble. .
Personally I like the sound of BMW water cooled R bikes (and cam heads) too. And I appreciate having compliant suspension every time I ride the beat up, patched roads here in the county.

Old 07-11-2021 | 10:36 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Personally I like the sound of BMW water cooled R bikes (and cam heads) too. And I appreciate having compliant suspension every time I ride the beat up, patched roads here in the county.
Oh man.......absolutely. I took some roads I knew to be horrible yesterday. Normally I would be swearing through the entire section of road. Wasn't an issue on the RT set to "soft". No suspension makes a horrible road a good one. But a good suspension at least takes the sharp edge off the hits. And railroad tracks don't phase it in the least.

Old 07-11-2021 | 10:39 AM
BigMike
Club Member

I sold my SGS and bought the FXR a year later which I plan to keep. Since I'm retiring in 3 years, I'll want to take off on bike trips so I have plenty of time to find the right touring bike at the right price. Thinking of a Rushmore Ultra Limited or maybe a CVO Ultra. Could end up with something completely different but it will have to be a touring bike.

My hobby for years has been restoring cars and bikes although I've only done a handful in the past 15 years. It will the main thing to keep me busy when I retire so I'll have opportunities to ride older bikes and drive hot rods. Then sell them, make a little money and start the next project.

Old 07-12-2021 | 05:58 AM
Oakers3
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Marsikus
Are all those fairings and sidecar body made of plastics? I see no any stain of rust.
I think it's all fiberglass

Quick Reply: What is the next motorcycle you’re thinking about