General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the next motorcycle you’re thinking about

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021 | 10:30 AM
603Hog
Stellar HDF Member

If I had the garage space and extra coin, I have always wanted a sport bike. I've always said if I can afford only one bike, it would be a Harley. I am staying true to that. But if I could, I would buy either a Kaw ZX-14R or a Kaw H2. I might do it someday, even if it is just to get the sport bike urge out of my system and experience the stupid fast acceleration and nimble handling, then sell it after a few years. (Or not). But as long as I am able to ride I will always have a Harley.

The following 2 users liked this post by 603Hog:
Kloun (07-12-2021), Walter White (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021 | 11:05 AM
theheder
Road Master

Goldwing trike.

I am already looking and recently joined the GL1800riders forum.

Old 06-09-2021 | 12:41 PM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by strych9
It is wild!

With 165HP/163 ft-lb TQ, I can say that it lives up to the Rocket name. It'll rip your arms off of you aren't paying attention. It's a very balanced bike, and comfortable too. I've run her up pretty hard and just grin through the twisties, I keep telling myself that I'm too old for this shi*, but then I keep proving to myself that I'm not. It's the fountain of youth, my friend. It draws a lot of curious looks as well. Pretty unusual around these parts.
I sold my 16 FLSS, put the equity into savings for the next home downpayment. I have been looking for something different but fast in cruiser form. That would meet the need. I haven't seen one on the road yet.

2020 Yamaha V-max is the leading contender. There are a few shops with them here locally but worried I may not have the self control to not test the speed. The crappy traffic around here and crazy housing market is holding me back from getting a new bike. Part of me is also holding back to see what HD does with the revolution 1250 in the new custom.

Old 06-09-2021 | 12:53 PM
QNman
Supporter

I should finish restoring my '82 KZ750 first, but a buddy is considering selling his Big Dog... and I just might buy it.

Old 06-09-2021 | 01:14 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by E-clip
Incredible bike to ride out on but don’t think of it as you’re last brother.
I am semi retired now and working only to get my bike and truck paid off as soon as I can. Between the RGU and my FLSTC, I will have plenty of bikes to last me until I can’t ride anymore.

Old 06-09-2021 | 01:48 PM
Dirty Dancer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Oko
Might I suggest you put the Suzuki DR line in your sights. I just this year let my '96 DR 350 go. A street legal dual sport that I used to thread dirt trails together by running on tarvia.

I only sold it because at 64, it seemed time. And I didn't really have anyone to ride dirt with anymore.

It has a bullet proof motor. That and it's bigger brother the DR 650.
Thanks for the information. I've seen they like to upgrade the carbs to tm40's.

Old 06-09-2021 | 01:52 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by E-clip
I’m contemplating a Road Glide.

Good choice.

Old 06-09-2021 | 02:01 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldbie
I have a 90 year old friend who’s owned umpteen bikes and rides nearly every day. He just ordered a Pan-Am.
Between me and the OL, we have 4 bikes, 3 are Harleys. I have an almost 17 year old Heritage Classic that is still in fantastic condition with almost 100K (and still looks new) and my RGU is very low mileage so if it lasts as long as the Heritage, then it will last longer than I will. Over the years, I have spent more than enough money on motorcycles.

Old 06-09-2021 | 02:45 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Walter White
I sold my 16 FLSS, put the equity into savings for the next home downpayment. I have been looking for something different but fast in cruiser form. That would meet the need. I haven't seen one on the road yet.

2020 Yamaha V-max is the leading contender. There are a few shops with them here locally but worried I may not have the self control to not test the speed. The crappy traffic around here and crazy housing market is holding me back from getting a new bike. Part of me is also holding back to see what HD does with the revolution 1250 in the new custom.
The V-Max is hard to beat. I've always wanted one. It's too bad Yamaha has discontinued the model. The Rocket 3 is a little pricey by comparison, but for me the uniqueness of the bike and the raw torque made the extra cost worth it. There's something really cool about its 3-cylinder snarl when you lay on the throttle.

Damn, I love motorcycles.

The following users liked this post:
Walter White (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021 | 04:49 PM
Rob Harper
Road Warrior

Would like a 2014 or newer bagger with fairing and tour pack for two up and distance riding. Plan to keep the Road King and probably put a solo seat on it.

Quick Reply: What is the next motorcycle you’re thinking about