General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Gear bent the Rotors on my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 05:22 PM
Freakindj
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cycle Gear bent the Rotors on my wheels

I know, my fault for taking my wheels to have tires mounted at what is essentially a clothing store. Its not like one of the guys I ride with didn't suggest it because he had his tires mounted there. It's not like I didn't call the Dealership I normally go to, but they where booked solid past the date of a trip I have planned.

BOTH Wheels or the Rotation direction side bent to heck. .140" TRO on the Rear Wheel and .340" on the front.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:31 PM
scott_0
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,103 Posts

damn! you contact them?

Old 05-23-2021, 05:54 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,864 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Somebody done sumptin WRONG.

Take the video with ya to the store. Well I'm sure ya know to anyhow

Damn
WP

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (06-09-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 06:31 PM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Man that is a **** off deal right there. Good luck, they will probly make it right somehow, but what a pain. May need to scream to their headquarters people but hopefully the branch manager has authority to spend the $$ to get it fixed or at least pay you for new parts

Old 05-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Freakindj
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scott_0
damn! you contact them?
So I tried calling the store a couple of times and got the run around, so I ended up calling their Corporate office. They seemed a little more responsive and told me they would request the District Manager to call me.

Well a few hours later the District Manager called but almost immediately during and after the call with the District Manager the store was trying to call me too. The District Manager told me he doesn't have a manager in the store at all times, and that the Store Manager would be there Tuesday and would I be available to meet with them then.Of course I agreed

A few minutes after getting off the phone with the District Manager the store calls ( mind you there is no Manager working there today ) the kid who bent my rotors and the gal who took the order started right in arguing and yelling they would not be held responsible for any damages.

"OK fine I'll go to Small Claims Court - I don't mind", I told them

I'll call the District Manager back Tuesday to ask if he would still like me to meet with the Store Manager - That or I'll file a claim against them Tuesday - which ever they would prefer.

I'm in it for $540 now with the cost of 3 new rotors, and mounting hardware. They owe me $320 for the 2 rotors bent by their incompetence

Old 05-23-2021, 08:04 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

Any idea how the rotors got bent? There usually isn't anything that clamps on to the rotors during a tire change.

GPHDXLC (06-09-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,076 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Picked up one of these a few weeks ago. Works great...I get to change my tires at my convenience not the shops. Just doing my own tires it'll pay for itself in a few years...ill do some tires on the side and it'll pay me back quicker. Oh and did I mention I won't have to worry about some kid who's more interested in his Twitter feed than my tire? Lol...ok enough of me preaching. I'd still talk to the manager, be calm and respectful. If and when you don't get what you feel is a fair outcome then go file a claim against them. Bent rotors seems like it's a bit more than assumed risk. Hope it works out for you

Old 05-23-2021, 08:57 PM
oldtoad
Tourer

Received 239 Likes on 123 Posts

I just had new rubber put on the rear wheel, but before I brought the wheel in I removed the sprocket and rotor. This also allowed for more room when cleaning the wheel up since it wasn't getting cleaned real well while on the bike.

Zonktified (06-10-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 09:38 PM
scott_0
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Freakindj
So I tried calling the store a couple of times and got the run around, so I ended up calling their Corporate office. They seemed a little more responsive and told me they would request the District Manager to call me.

Well a few hours later the District Manager called but almost immediately during and after the call with the District Manager the store was trying to call me too. The District Manager told me he doesn't have a manager in the store at all times, and that the Store Manager would be there Tuesday and would I be available to meet with them then.Of course I agreed

A few minutes after getting off the phone with the District Manager the store calls ( mind you there is no Manager working there today ) the kid who bent my rotors and the gal who took the order started right in arguing and yelling they would not be held responsible for any damages.

"OK fine I'll go to Small Claims Court - I don't mind", I told them

I'll call the District Manager back Tuesday to ask if he would still like me to meet with the Store Manager - That or I'll file a claim against them Tuesday - which ever they would prefer.

I'm in it for $540 now with the cost of 3 new rotors, and mounting hardware. They owe me $320 for the 2 rotors bent by their incompetence
damn man, what a **** situation, hope it works out for you

GPHDXLC (06-09-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 10:40 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by oldtoad
I just had new rubber put on the rear wheel, but before I brought the wheel in I removed the sprocket and rotor. This also allowed for more room when cleaning the wheel up since it wasn't getting cleaned real well while on the bike.
I was thinking the same thing. Why risk it, just remove the rotor.

Quick Reply: Cycle Gear bent the Rotors on my wheels