General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Gear bent the Rotors on my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 06:46 PM
robarosa
Road Master
Received 560 Likes on 391 Posts

I don't/wouldn't like it either. One day I walked into a little shop and saw the machine had grabbed the rotor of someone's front wheel. Asked the fellow why do it that way. Answer was to put the rotor on bottom out of the way and less chance for damage to rotor. I guess it has been working for him/them. To be honest, I didn't know if that was standard practice or not. First time I've seen that. Regardless, didn't seem like a good idea. Work in auto tire shop, never a cycle tire shop.

In case of OP, my money is on the rotor was bent while they were breaking the bead. Be interesting to know for sure.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Blue Blood
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by im
Consider not letting them off the hook.

The kid & gal were out of line per your description and that information needs to be shared with via email with corporate and district manager.

The term "service recovery" means something to larger corporations and it might serve as a learning tool for them in the future.
100% this ^^^^. The DM needs to be aware of the actions of the employees. Their action to call you in the manner they did is completely out of line and lacking any respect. I wouldn’t be surprised if this store has other service culture issues.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:00 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts

Don't let the shop off the hook. Too many corporations bank (literally) on a percentage of claims just going away. Hold their feet to the fire with the DM, credit card dispute and court of necessary. The Cycle Gear by me sucks too.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:38 AM
jhbr107
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rotors usually get bent when breaking the tire bead. I learned this the hard way when i was a rookie. My tire machine i have now i had to make a spacer with a cut-out to accomidate the rotor without bending them. Most tire machines for motorcycles are adapted from automotive use.