General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you get harley to send you a parts catalog, frined got one I didnt

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you get harley to send you a parts catalog, frined got one I didnt

This past spring both me and a friend of mine bought harleys from the same dealership, he bought a1200 sportster and I bought a heritage classic. We both went through harley credit.
Last week Im at his house and hes got the new parts catalog that he said he just got in the mail, I thought I was gonna get one to but haven't got one yet.

What do you need to do to get harley to mail you a catalog? The only thing he did different than me is have new handlebars put on at the dealership

Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser
Default RE: How do you get harley to send you a parts catalog, frined got one I didnt

I got one last week, also. I had the dealer put on pipes, air cleaner, and fuel pak. I don't think I did anything to get it. Call the dealer and tell them to send you one.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you get harley to send you a parts catalog, frined got one I didnt

My local dealer sends me the big book every year, I also get several smaller ones periodically.
I didn't do anything to start getting it other than spend money with the dealer. When I first started shopping there they asked if I wanted to be on their mailing list.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Figstr
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even have to ask for mine. I was waiting around the parts counter while the guy was checking to see if he had a windshiled in stock for me. Another guy came behind the counter, put a catalog on it and asked if I wanted one. Hell yeah!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
jtapke
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Figstr

I didn't even have to ask for mine. I was waiting around the parts counter while the guy was checking to see if he had a windshiled in stock for me. Another guy came behind the counter, put a catalog on it and asked if I wanted one. Hell yeah!!!
Yeah, what he said...they had a stack on the counter

Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
SaltyBagger
Tourer

I got one too but I've got a 20 year old bike so nothing will fit

Old 08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Lowridin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually get a email from the local dealer that they are in, and pick one up next time in.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 PM
VBFTuc
Advanced

Last year my dealer sent me a letter to come in for a hot dog & hamburger cookout and get your catalog. I think it was near the end of August, so will just wait to see what happens this year. They're building a brand new showroom, so maybe no hot dogs this year.