General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Matter of time

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matter of time

I don't subscribe to that crap & haven't hit the asphalt in 50+years riding 12-14,000 miles a year except for two years spent in Asia. I use to ride the dirt & managed to fracture my spine among just one of many off road injuries. I have no exceptional riding skills & admit that I am one lucky SOB.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bighorse

I don't subscribe to that crap & haven't hit the asphalt in 50+years riding 12-14,000 miles a year except for two years spent in Asia. I use to ride the dirt & managed to fracture my spine among just one of many off road injuries. I have no exceptional riding skills & admit that I am one lucky SOB.
Man I like your thinking! I was told years ago years ago, if you have been driving cars ect like a fool, having accidents, then you'll do the same on a bike. Cause your bringing some of your bad habits and lack of fear with you.
Anyway just a thought..........

Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Seth

This gets back to that thing I believe in called fate. Be careful yes.But am I going to worry about it ,....no.
If it was meant to happen,..it probably will. Thinkabout it like this,.....the reason you went down is because God wanted you to. If God had not written it into your fate to crash at that exact moment,....mabey you would have gone another 10 miles,..and then a tractor trailer would have run over you and killed you.
And if someone is killed in a crash think of it like this. his dying probably altered the course of some elses life permanently,...mabey it was the emt who responed,...or the cop,...or the guy who stopped to help,....mabey it was in thier fate to cause them to not do what they would normally be doing so that they themselves,..or someone else involved could go home that night and see thier daughter.
What a load of polyanna rationalzation! God wanted you to go down? I mean no offence if that's the way you think of God-thats your business, but thats not my God. There is no such thing as fate. No big book with our lives all mapped out. Superstitious garbage generated to make ourselves feel better when thedodo hits the fan.
Marsh

Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

ORIGINAL: Marsh

This gets back to that thing I believe in called fate. Be careful yes.But am I going to worry about it ,....no.
If it was meant to happen,..it probably will. Thinkabout it like this,.....the reason you went down is because God wanted you to. If God had not written it into your fate to crash at that exact moment,....mabey you would have gone another 10 miles,..and then a tractor trailer would have run over you and killed you.
And if someone is killed in a crash think of it like this. his dying probably altered the course of some elses life permanently,...mabey it was the emt who responed,...or the cop,...or the guy who stopped to help,....mabey it was in thier fate to cause them to not do what they would normally be doing so that they themselves,..or someone else involved could go home that night and see thier daughter.
What a load of polyanna rationalzation! God wanted you to go down? I mean no offence if that's the way you think of God-thats your business, but thats not my God. There is no such thing as fate. No big book with our lives all mapped out. Superstitious garbage generated to make ourselves feel better when thedodo hits the fan.
Marsh
well gee,....don't stop there,........give us your brilliant theory-I'm all ears-

Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no theory. It's unknowable. Thats the point.
Marsh

Old 08-04-2007, 10:43 AM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's really impossible to say whether you'll have an accident or not.

A friend at work who has ridden bikes for 40 years told me the other day ha had his very first bike accident.
Some schmuck rear ended him at a light. He simply didn't get stopped soon enough. Banged the bike up some, my friend pulled every muscle from his neck down his back. He's OK.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 AM
walc
Cruiser

My pet peeve is people who say " I laid it down ". [:@]
To me, that means, " I lost control " or " I couldn't avoid an accident " , which can happen to the best of us.
Seriously, who would choose to slide down the road; rather than stop under control. [sm=smiley11.gif]

Old 08-04-2007, 02:26 PM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: Marsh

Marsh
well gee,....don't stop there,........give us your brilliant theory-I'm all ears-
Seth has a hard time readingyour post . It wasnt in his line of FATE to read an apposing opinion other than secular or his. Once again...read your bible. Its about choice. God allows us to choose. Fate ??????? Well if that was true , i could shoot who i wanted and drive like hell but wait judge, it was FATE and GOD made me do it. YEA RIGHT ! Are there contributing forces to our choices ? You dam right. Both good and evil. But to say the almighty God forces evil and pain.....Way off base on that one.