General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A plug for Kuryakyn

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Nortonics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A plug for Kuryakyn

Bought a set of Kuryakyn Pilot Pegs foot pegs for the bike numerous years ago, back when they first came out - must be at least 8 years ago.

Needed to replace the left/shift side smallest rubber insert because it was damaged. So I bought Kuryakyn's kit to replace these pads (replaces all the rubber for about $15). Come to find out the repair kit won't work with my Pilot Pegs because they were an early production model witha different way of attaching the rubber inserts and that Kuryakyn does not make a repair kit for these. So instead, they ship me a whole new set of current Pilot Pegs in exchange for my old ones - no questions asked, no receipt needed. Spoke to my local dealer last Tuesday , he called in minutes later, andexchanged them today for all new, still in new packaging, replacements.

Damn refreshing to say the least! Beats the living **** outta' the junk and worthless help ya get from "Custom [Crap] Chrome"for instance. Damn nice products, with outstanding customer support and service - thanks Kuryakyn!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:20 PM
pjweber
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A plug for Kuryakyn

I agree, they treated me right too! I had bought 4 deep dish bezels for my signals a while back and I cracked one of the tabs (my fault) so I was getting ready to shell out some more money for another set of 2 since they don't sell individual pieces. I called customer service to order them and the woman said she would send a replacement set at no charge! Sweet! I was much more carful when i received them..

Old 08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
blaw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love hearing stuff like this. Good word-of-mouth feedback goes a long way with me. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Kuryakyn has gotten alot better. Years ago when I had my 98 RK, I had a few bad experiences with them and stayed away from them till this year. Bought some boards this year from them and was missing a few pieces in a hard ware package. No questions asked about anything, they took my address and sent out a totally new hardware package by UPS and it arrived two days later. Great customer service AFTER the sale and that's where the majority of companies drop the ball and it turns into a goat roping.