General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware Of Carolina Harley in Gastonia, NC

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
07sportster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Of Carolina Harley in Gastonia, NC

On June 13, 2007 my wife and I were told Harley had financed our 2007 Sportster making our first payment due on July 30,2007. On July 23 I called to see where statement was so I could send the payment, Carolina Harley states that Harley Davidson has lost our paperwork and we have no account. They told us to send a check with our S.S. number. I did and right after I did something ddn't feel right so Iasked our attorney about it and he said I should not have sent it.

On August 1 we visit Carolina Harley in hopes of finding out what is going on but the finance guy would not speak with us he had a salesman realy the message that our paperwork was still lost. At that point I had enough and called Harley Davidson Credit. Harley still had no record of anything for us and told me to take the bike back if it had been that long and to stop payment on the check as they had no account in our name. I stopped payment on the check first thing at 8am this morning and called Carolina Harley back last night and left a voice mail( they still wouldn't speak to us ) that I wanted the bike picked up as Harley had stated.

This morning I get a call from the salesman at Carolina Harley stating that we now had an account and it would be active within 24 hours. I asked him when this was done he said August 1. Something didn't seem right so I called Carolina Harley back finally one of the finance guys picked up the phone. He said our paperwork was never lost that it had been sitting on someones desk( for 2 months )because Harley would not finance the contract as it was.

I then asked why we were told our papers were lost and he boldly told me I was never told that even though they had made it a point to avoid us for 2 weeks while trying to find out we had no account. I don't know how many of you guys know about Recourse but its where the dealership can actually buy part of the contract so it can be financed. It is perfectly legal to do but based on how they did it and the time frame it took there are at least 2 possible legal violations they have committed. i can't really state what those are because I know of at least employee of carolina Harley that frequents this board.

When I told the guy that Harley told us to stop payment on the check he went nuts and said you just ruined your credit. I then called a friend whose dad also owns a Harley dealership and she said my payment wouldn't be due until 30 days after the contract was booked. According to Carolina Harley that was 8-1-07.

These guys were super nice in the beginning but when we started pushing for answers they became extremely rude and avoided most of our calls. Sorry so long but I will never venture into this dealership again and would caution anyone to be very cautious if planning on buying from this dealership, [sm=badidea.gif].

Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Beware Of Carolina Harley in Gastonia, NC

This is really messed up and I would likely be talking to an attorney about fraud and deceptive trade. Sounds like these guys really screwed up and have been lying to try and cover it up and blame you in the process. You might also want to contact the owner and let him know what has been going on as well. Chances are he is not aware of what his idiots have been up to. Good luck and cover your butt!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
07sportster
Novice

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

This is really messed up and I would likely be talking to an attorney about fraud and deceptive trade. Sounds like these guys really screwed up and have been lying to try and cover it up and blame you in the process. You might also want to contact the owner and let him know what has been going on as well. Chances are he is not aware of what his idiots have been up to. Good luck and cover your butt!

Thanks. Seeing our attorney on Monday to go over everything.Based on what I told him he said it doesn't sound right.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
WaterHog
Road Captain

You had a free demo ride for two months.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

so what happened/

Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Some dealers will do anything to put a bike on the street,except of course give the buyer a nice discounted price when he purchases it.[:'(]

Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll bet Click (the owner) has no idea of what has happened to you. Best to give him a call. He won't be happy that you were treated that way. In actuality, you used their bike for 2 months with no payments. You certainly did the right thing by trying to make a payment and held up your end of the bargain. Talk to Click and mention that you had been wronged and see if he'll comp you some chrome or goodies

Bubba

and no I have no affiliation with them nor have I bought a bike from them.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
07sportster
Novice

ORIGINAL: 55Bubba

I'll bet Click (the owner) has no idea of what has happened to you. Best to give him a call. He won't be happy that you were treated that way. In actuality, you used their bike for 2 months with no payments. You certainly did the right thing by trying to make a payment and held up your end of the bargain. Talk to Click and mention that you had been wronged and see if he'll comp you some chrome or goodies

Bubba

and no I have no affiliation with them nor have I bought a bike from them.

I have been advised not to speak directly with Carolina Harley again until I've spoken with the attorney. I never really used the bike. It only has 30 more miles on it than when I brought it home.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
narosar
Tourer

wow, it's events like this that make me glad that I financed through my credit union and the dealer received a check for full payment at the time of purchase.

Good luck with that mess and hope they do not try to put a 30/60/90 days late on your credit history. Man, the incompetence of those guys leave me without words, people like that are to stupid to breath, good thing they don't have to remember that little detail.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
deluxxxe
Cruiser

Aug 1st just happens to be when Harleys low finace program ended....Maybe the dealer was looking to make more points on the finace end ?

Quick Reply: Beware Of Carolina Harley in Gastonia, NC