Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock security system

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock security system

So, on a Wide Glide, you can go merrily along your way without the keys in your pocket - I figure there are other models as well.

I did this today on the way to work... got there and sure as ****, I left the keys at home.
I carry the little instruction guide to dearm the alarm if you lose your fob, but it seems to only work for disarm.

Is there a way to set the alarm without the fob? figured I would ask here before digging out the owners manual (if all else fails RTFM)

Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
warthawg
Tourer
Default RE: Stock security system

The batttery in my FOB died several weeks ago. Not sure what you mean by "seems to only work for disarm" but as long as you know your PIN you should be able to override it and start it without the FOB. Don't move the bike at all before trying the override sequence otherwise the security kincks up a notch.

Sorry, I understand your question now. The security will set without the FOB just give it a minute after you dismount and leave it.

All assuming you have an '07

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the first day I had my '07 Heritage I let my 23 year old son (who also rides) take it for a spin. I forgot I had the fob in my pocket. It ran fine without the fob, and fortunately he didn't stop anywhere on the way. So I guess they will run fine without the fob, but my understanding is they won't start again once you get it shut down. Maybe others with more experience can give us more information.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:04 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

On the '07s it sets itself whenthe fob is out of thebikesproximity once the bike is turned off. My salesman told me he knew a guy that always hung his fob on a hook next to his bike. He took it for a ride to the store and forgot the fob. Guess what, he wasn't coming home.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I took mine out last night and forgot the fob. Luckilly I have the 06 and don't need it to start. I just could not activate it without remembering the code. I just had to leave it unlocked. It is something we should all definatly try to remember how to do. I'm sure it is just a matter of time for us all.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
falsealarm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How can you start your bike without the FOB close by? System is armed as soon as you shut it off and walk away. Remember you pin to disarm if need be. 07 superglide custom