General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bear Choppers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Big Bear Choppers

I would like to place this in general chat hopefully to get responses. Does anyone have any experience with Big Bear Choppers? In regards to quality. Will I save money if I get it unassembled and unpainted. I know it will take time to paint and put together but I will keep the Road King and have that to ride in the mean time.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Bear Choppers

They are great kits, It is by no means a prefitted ready to assemble kit. You will need to fine tune it and the time it takes depends on how much you work on it. once assembled you will then need to take it back apart and have it painted. then reassemble.

The Big Bear kits are the best their is. I did one and built and painted it. I paid more then having them do it but I had the time 2 years ago to do it.
www.clubchopper.com go to the bike build section and their is a Big Bear kit section. Thousands of photos from many people start to finish over 6 months.
If I were to buy another kit this is where It would be from.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

they are good kits....there are others out there that are just as good......that you dont have to prefit

Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

This is the only thread I could find about Big Bear, but someone posted some pictures a couple of months ago, about a front end that broke off a Big Bear, due to terrible welds.

I just got the new issue of Motorcycle Consumer News, and there is now a recall issued.

Models2004-2005 Venom and Devil's Advocates, and 2005 Sled Choppers have been recalled for this life threatening problem.

Campaign recall number 189/631.08V-129

Old 05-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never owned a Big Bear chopper but, I have visited the shop on a couple of occasions. I have to say that the quality of the end product seems very good. The shop is clean and proffessional looking and seems well staffed.

Every year they sponsor a run called "Ride the Mountain". There is a kit builders competition, most of the work is first rate too. vegashd is correct though these are not just simple bolt together kits by any means. Having said that, I think you could do alot worse than to buy a Big Bear kit, if that is the style of bike that you are into.

............... Jim

Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Viking Biker Dave
Intermediate

One of my riding partners has a BBC. Not sure which model, it is a beautiful bike. He has had it for 3 years with no mechanical problems. Every time we go riding hewants to trade bikes for a while. Hardtail with your feet way out in front of you is rough on the back. Even for a young guy. He is now looking for a Road King.