General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compilation of Closed HD Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 03:57 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by M Oclaf
You don’t ride thousands of miles, gas stations are not as easy to find either. But hey, your **** breaks, sucks to be you. Maybe leave it the F alone instead of blaming HD for your inability to maintain a simple reliable machine. Or maybe you’re a tough guy biker that still rides a relic? Nothing wrong with that, but the only thing associated with Harley Davidson of today with anything from the last century is name and history.

There isn’t an automobile manufacturer doing anything different. Why people can’t let go and speculate the same parroted nonsense is beyond me. Despite your misplaced parroted fake hate, Harley is fine. Go riding.
You don't have a clue. Keyboard clown. You're day is centered around this forum.

Old 07-30-2023, 09:32 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

I still don't understand the point of this thread.

Old 07-30-2023, 10:19 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,323 Likes on 1,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I still don't understand the point of this thread.
It's a discussion about Harley Davidson's shrinking dealer network.

Old 07-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RK4ME
It's a discussion about Harley Davidson's shrinking dealer network.
For what purpose? Sincere question.

Old 07-30-2023, 12:03 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

For what purpose? Sincere question.
The shrinkage of a brand's dealer network is a legitimate concern for the enthusiasts of the brand, thus making it a valid topic of discussion.
I have seen that happen with other brands that I have owned, like BMW.

Last edited by RK4ME; 07-30-2023 at 12:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisHo (08-01-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 12:10 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

The shrinkage of a brand's dealer network is a legitimate concern for the enthusiasts of the brand, thus making it a valid topic of discussion.
I have seen that happen with other brands that I have owned, like BMW.
They are selling a fraction of the bikes they used to sell. It stands to reason that there would be fewer dealerships. In that context closing dealerships is a good thing because too many dealerships selling bikes only leads to very destructive price competition. All the auto manufacturers have tried to keep the right number of dealerships to match demand. GM, Ford, etc have all done this.

Harley dealerships have been opening and closing for decades. To find out what dealerships there are, anyone can use google maps.

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-30-2023 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:00 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

They are selling a fraction of the bikes they used to sell. It stands to reason that there would be fewer dealerships. In that context closing dealerships is a good thing because too many dealerships selling bikes only leads to very destructive price competition. All the auto manufacturers have tried to keep the right number of dealerships to match demand. GM, Ford, etc have all done this.

Harley dealerships have been opening and closing for decades. To find out what dealerships there are, anyone can use google maps.
Your post contains several valid topics for discussion, which is why we're having the "HD dealerships" discussion on HDForums. Now you're participating.

Old 07-30-2023, 01:15 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Your post contains several valid topics for discussion, which is why we're having the "HD dealerships" discussion on HDForums. Now you're participating.
but I'm not compiling a list. that was my question - whats the point of a list?

Old 07-30-2023, 01:34 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,684 Likes on 809 Posts

This topic sickens me. Once HD drove Roaders an F&S out as dealers I decided right then never to give HD another penny. I’ll never own a bike manufactured after the EVO. I’m ripe to walk into a dealership and for the first time but a new bike, but it will never happen. If HD can’t be loyal to dealerships who were profitable and who had been loyal to them for over 50 years then, they don’t deserve my loyalty to them.

I like the Sportster S.. I did consider buying one. I needed a part nobody had 6 months back and walked into a dealership. First time I set foot in one for over 2 years. Nothing has changed for the better, they not only didn’t have the part they didn’t care to even try to be helpful.. about four different sales people approached me trying to see if I’d be interested in a new Harley. The seemed snobbish and desperate at the same time.

Last edited by Rains2much; 07-30-2023 at 01:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pgreer (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 03:51 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

but I'm not compiling a list. that was my question - whats the point of a list?
OP explains it in the first few sentences. His post is informative and I'm okay with it.

Quick Reply: Compilation of Closed HD Dealerships