General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compilation of Closed HD Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 08:46 PM
M Oclaf
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,803 Likes on 2,678 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
Speaks to Circling the drain!
Can you say something original? Being a parrot is no way to get through life.

Harley Davidson is forever. Get used to it or stay on the porch, haters gonna hate. Ha ha ha

Old 07-26-2023, 11:57 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by M Oclaf
Can you say something original? Being a parrot is no way to get through life.

Harley Davidson is forever. Get used to it or stay on the porch, haters gonna hate. Ha ha ha
Well I own 2 Bikes, A 16 cvo street glide and a 20 FLHTK. I ride both, no hater here, they're nice scooters, just speaking the truth. They may be around for quite some time, but shops aren't closing because business is good, just saying. Everyone has an opinion.

Old 07-27-2023, 03:02 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by M Oclaf
yup… sign of the times. Things change. Don’t see gas stations everywhere anymore either. I have ridden thousands of miles and never needed to stop like one time in a galaxy far far away, actually a few decades.
Heck of a lot easier to find a gas station than a Harley shop when you're riding those thousands of miles. Come back and let us know how it goes when you're off somewhere and that thing breaks. And...it will. Closing the dealers has absolutely nothing to do with, as you say.....reliability. There is nothing positive about it for the consumer. Whatsoever.

Old 07-27-2023, 03:35 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,823 Likes on 3,174 Posts

The only time I needed a dealership was in southeast Ohio (coal country,) about to get on W VA 250 to cross the mountains home to NC. The bike started missing, and I found Niedengards HD about 20 miles from where I was, outside of Wintersville, OH. I limped in to them and they put the bike on the old style Scanylizer (sp?) and determined that I could make it home with a bad throttle position sensor, (which they didn't have.)
So I changed plans and took Interstate 77 South (less throttle positioning,) and got it home OK. (400 miles.) Their diagnosis was a life saver because without it, no way would I have tried the run home on my own,
Sure glad I found them way out in the sticks as I was.

Niedengard's HD is closed now going on 2 years ago.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stiggy:
BuzzCap7 (08-01-2023), gonemad (07-29-2023)
Old 07-27-2023, 03:53 PM
Garage666
Road Master
Received 480 Likes on 253 Posts
Default dealers

Who gives a ratzz azz?

Old 07-27-2023, 04:11 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 571 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Garage666
Who gives a ratzz azz?
You're here, so you muzzt.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gizmo83:
BuzzCap7 (08-01-2023), IdahoHacker (07-30-2023)
Old 07-27-2023, 07:27 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,323 Likes on 1,449 Posts

Well I own 2 Bikes, A 16 cvo street glide and a 20 FLHTK. I ride both, no hater here, they're nice scooters, just speaking the truth. They may be around for quite some time, but shops aren't closing because business is good, just saying. Everyone has an opinion.
HD is buying back the franchises of some dealers, like the one that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Old 07-27-2023, 07:32 PM
M Oclaf
Grand HDF Member

It’s not the sole reason for closing them on every corner, it’s business smart. The bikes are reliable. Not the 80’s and before era. Name any business that hasn’t minimized their brick and mortar as it’s called footprint?

Old 07-27-2023, 07:37 PM
M Oclaf
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
Heck of a lot easier to find a gas station than a Harley shop when you're riding those thousands of miles. Come back and let us know how it goes when you're off somewhere and that thing breaks. And...it will. Closing the dealers has absolutely nothing to do with, as you say.....reliability. There is nothing positive about it for the consumer. Whatsoever.
You don’t ride thousands of miles, gas stations are not as easy to find either. But hey, your **** breaks, sucks to be you. Maybe leave it the F alone instead of blaming HD for your inability to maintain a simple reliable machine. Or maybe you’re a tough guy biker that still rides a relic? Nothing wrong with that, but the only thing associated with Harley Davidson of today with anything from the last century is name and history.

There isn’t an automobile manufacturer doing anything different. Why people can’t let go and speculate the same parroted nonsense is beyond me. Despite your misplaced parroted fake hate, Harley is fine. Go riding.

Old 07-28-2023, 09:33 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,323 Likes on 1,449 Posts

I wonder if HD is eliminating the smaller dealers in order to prop up the "Taj Mahal" dealerships. If one of those "destination" dealerships closed, it would be noticed by a lot of people who drive by and would probably be mentioned in the local media.

The following 2 users liked this post by RK4ME:
pgreer (07-29-2023), Stiggy (07-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Compilation of Closed HD Dealerships