General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knuckles and pans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
T wrecks
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knuckles and pans?

Would there be any members on this forum who would know of a shop or harley related business that deals primarely in the selling of knucklehead and panhead motors, or complete bikes. There is a couple of shops here in OZ, the only trouble being they are quite happy to charge an arm and a leg for their stock and labour, plus there would be a greater choice in the US.
Thank's in advance
T wrecks

Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: Knuckles and pans?

There used to be a company in Canyon City, Colorado that specialized in Panheads, but they were new motors, not the old originals. I just looked and found some info on Panzer, but I could not find the company, just some bikes for sale. If you look under Panzer, you might find a link to what you are looking for.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Regards,

Bill

Old 11-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy here in NJ that has a what is basically a motorcycle junkyard... HD only. Over the years he's collected a vast amount of parts. The site used to be a chicken farm and the old coops are now filled with HD parts. He usually has some scoots for sale and has several guys he rents space to who do work. Anything from simple maintenance to full blown custom work. This guy is the most knowledgeable guy I've ever met concerning HD motorcycles. He can simply look a part and tell you what it came off of and what all it'll fit... amazing ability. Old style biker, and I mean BIKER. He's the definition of "Biker". I've been dealing with him for 23 years and have even sold him a couple of scoots. I've spent a fes hours picking thru some of his "coops" looking for parts to build scoots. Always had a good time there. He may be of help. His name is Nick and he owns Nick's Custom Motorcycle & Salvage. 721 Lebanon Ave Williamstown , NJ 08094 (856) 728-9607

couple of years ago he was talking about selling his inventory for a $1 a piece... yep, that's right, $1 a piece! Problem was... you had to buy it all..... and the best estimates were it would cost you somewhere around a million dollars. [] and of course, a lot of it was junk. [:@]

Old 11-05-2005, 04:48 AM
T wrecks
Road Master

Thank's Bill, Phil, you were both a big help. I've found a fair bit of info through google as well !
Thank's again
[sm=smiley20.gif]T

Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

this guy is a good resource: www.flatheadpower.com

what are you looking for? pan or knuck? whole bike or motor and tranny? how much you wanna spend? you want original or replica?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 AM
T wrecks
Road Master

What a great site Pat, thank's a mint !!
T
ORIGINAL: imboden

this guy is a good resource: www.flatheadpower.com

what are you looking for? pan or knuck? whole bike or motor and tranny? how much you wanna spend? you want original or replica?