General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb A s s Harley Rider!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:44 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Dumb A s s Harley Rider!

ORIGINAL: wesd41

So, is that a Nighthawk S you have?
Yes, it is a Nighthawk S. Also known as a CB700SC. It has only 21,000 miles on it and has the black/candy red color scheme. It's a great bike. Overall, I prefer heavyweight motorcycles, so I lean towards the touring class. I guess for the type of riding that I prefer to do, I am more suited towards a touring bike. But let's face it, for around town or short rides, an 800+ motorcycle can get a little tiring. So I like to have a coupleother mid size bikes to ride on occassion for those short rides. The Nighthawk weighs roughly halfthe weight of the Ultra. It's quick, nimble and has a nice two-up riding position.

ORIGINAL: eor

I usually have a Harley and another bike in the stable...something very different like a BMW, Buell,or Japanese dual sport bike. It's funny how many of the local Harley riders go out of their way NOT to acknowledge my presence when I'm on one of the other bikes. Atthe usual hang outsit seemsI amcompletely invisible. I'm often tempted to test my invisibility theory by lifting their wallets or grabbing theirwifes' butts.I'm just not confident enough in mytheory to try that yet.

Of course the very same peoplewillgreet me and make small talkwhen I'm on a Harley. At times it makes me laugh that someone could be so superficial, but other times it gets old and annoys me enough that I just keep to myself regardless of what I'm riding.
I got rid of my BMW K75S. Sometimes I wish I still had it. It was a nice ride. I've never owned a boxer though. I'd like to own one sometime before I die. I agree with you. It's nice to have a variety of bikes to choose from. Besides, if one bike goes in the shop for repairs I'm not without something to ride. You mentioned Japanese Dual Sport bikes...what are your thoughts on the Kawasaki KLR 650? They redesigned it for '08. That's always been a good dual sport...albeit it's a tad on the heavy side. As far as other riders are concerned, I agree it is very superficial when they pull that crap with us. It's one thing to not wave at someone, oreven refuse to acknowledge them for that matter, but to start problems or harass someone because of what they ride, now that really is crossing the line.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

TM,

I don't understand why you think I would get flamed. What have I said that was insulting to you or anyone here? Did you read my entire post...honestly...the whole thing? If you did, then you would have understood my point, which was this guy was starting crap with me while I was riding. Even after I tried to ignore him, he persisted.That's the problem! It's not that I started this thread. In defense of Cbigbie191 he's expressing his opinion, which he's entitled to. I also happen to agree with him. As a person who rides a Harley among other bikes, I just don't understand it. You are right there are A-holes everywhere and I mean everywhere. But I do not define myself as a person by the type of bike I choose to ride as so many do.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

So I downshift and accelerate directly ahead...like I got missle lock on his *** and he swerves out of the way. As I drive past him, I'm thinking to myself, see the back of my shirt A-hole? It says HD. I'm wearing HD boots, gloves, shirt and if it wasn't so damn hot I'd be wearing my HD jacket. Apparently he was too stupid to figure out that some of us have more than just one bike in our garage and my HD is only 1 of 3. So now I am stewing in my juices and just waiting for this A-hole to say something to me so I can put him in his place at the next light. Of course he doesn't say a word just a stupid glare on his face and he turns right at the next light. So then I go about my business and continue my ride home, the whole time thinking what a complete A-hole!! Once again proving that the reputation some HD riders have isdeserved and make the rest of us look bad in the process.

So on a fourlane roadway(two going your way) you chose to accelerate and pass in the same lane, causing the vehicle your passing to swerve, to keep from getting hit by you.

And you come here calling him an A-hole???????

.......................ooooOOOO-K

Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That to me is probably the one embarrasement I have to put up with owning a Harley. I feel there are more jerks, percentage wise, among Harley owners than any other group and that includes Goldwings and BMWs.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Crusing
Road Captain

A-holes are A-holes and that is not going to change with what they ride. The key to remember it is about them, not you, and don’t get sucked into their game.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldnt bring myself to reading your post,, as I saw you were on a Honda,,
now move over this place is for HD!!!!!!!

dam pi-ss ants

Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: whaap

That to me is probably the one embarrasement I have to put up with owning a Harley. I feel there are more jerks, percentage wise, among Harley owners than any other group and that includes Goldwings and BMWs.
You know it's kinda funny you would say such a thing.

If you really think about it, there aren't really to many folks that started on a Harley, alot of Harley riders come from BMW's, GoldWings, Kawa's, Susies, and Yamahammers........

If you would talk to alot of the Nimrods that are in the percentage of thejerks riding Harleys, you would find a good portion are relitivley new to Harley ownership, and bought into the whole Hollywood Harley Biker Image (Or so they think)

And the general public, well all they see is ajerk on a motorcycle. (Most of the time they are clueless to brand)

.I know alot of Harley Owners, and they are some of the best down to earth folks you could ever meet.

And honestly theres nothing someone else can do that would be embarrising to me because they are on a Harley andI am on a Harley.

The Bike isn't what I am, it's just what I ride.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:14 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow nice rant, i bet you could find an ******* a day in all walks off life to bitch aboutlike those folks who eat at macdonalds without washing there hands and saying grace really make the rest of us God fearing folks look bad! Pick it up from here dude
Have a nice day......
ORIGINAL: tda69

So today, I decided to ride my old '85 Honda Nighthawk to the dealer to order some parts. It's a great old bike, a classic now and still runs great even after 22 years. It has a stage 2 kit (jets and K& N filter), Supertrapp 4 into1 header and disc system exhaust. The bike performs great and looks great! It's really quite amazing when you consider the age, but I take care of all my things and all my bikes are stored in my garage, under covers. So you get the idea. Anyway, the Honda needs a few things so I ordered those parts at the dealer and decided to take the log way home. So I'm driving along and enjoying the ride and I have to stop for a light. So as I'm sitting there at the red light, I see a guy on a (black) Road King Custom pull up besides me. I look over at him to give a polite nod and he chooses to ignore me. Okay. Whatever I think to myself. So when the light goes green, I start to take off and he decides he wants to race, so he guns it. Now...before I go any further, you realize how ridiculous this is right? I think to myself, this guy has to be kidding! He can't be serious, is he? So, instead ofembarasing him and wasting precious fuel to prove my point, I decide not to blow thehelmet off his head and just maintain my usual pace. So now he's way ahead of me and we both come to another light. As we are both slowing down for the stop light, him in the left lane and me in the right lane, he cuts in front of me...no blinker...no hand signal off...nothing.So I slow down and now he's directly in my path...like he owns the lane or something. The light was still a way off in the distance, so thisgoes on for quite a while. Eventually the light goes green while were were still moving and I decide I'm done with this guy afterconcludingthat he's one of those A-Hole's who thinks he's better because he is riding an HD. Ofcourse if I were riding my Ultra at that moment, I'm surethis wouldn't have happened. So to get on with the story the A-hole is ahead of me and I see him watching me in the mirrors. Like it's funny or something. So I downshift and accelerate directly ahead...like I got missle lock on his *** and he swerves out of the way. As I drive past him, I'm thinking to myself, see the back of my shirt A-hole? It says HD. I'm wearing HD boots, gloves, shirt and if it wasn't so damn hot I'd be wearing my HD jacket. Apparently he was too stupid to figure out that some of us have more than just one bike in our garage and my HD is only 1 of 3. So now I am stewing in my juices and just waiting for this A-hole to say something to me so I can put him in his place at the next light. Of course he doesn't say a word just a stupid glare on his face and he turns right at the next light. So then I go about my business and continue my ride home, the whole time thinking what a complete A-hole!! Once again proving that the reputation some HD riders have isdeserved and make the rest of us look bad in the process. I enjoy riding my Harley, but I don't think it makes me better and in terms of what I choose to ride from day to day, that doesn't change who I am. I'm the same person no matter what I ride. Too bad some people have to be such A-holes. It really ruins it for the rest of us.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Good news for you,the older you get the less those kinds of situations bother you.And,It is not just the Harley riders that act that way.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dog155

Good news for you,the older you get the less those kinds of situations bother you.And,It is not just the Harley riders that act that way.
Man aint that the truth. The one good thing about getting old, **** don't bother you like it use to. Amen and thank God!

BTW, ever noitce how those old farts in line at the food check-up take so dam long, man that gets me mad. [:@] and how bout the people who take for ever to go when the light turns green, and people who don't use their blinkers and speed all the time and have loud pipes and don't take care of their house and I have to live next to a pig pin, and how bout little kids they are so loud when they play. WTF!!!!

Quick Reply: Dumb A s s Harley Rider!