General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Pan America -final form

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 890 Posts

Lol...

Old 06-15-2021, 05:35 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Dynamick

Yes I have ridden demo bikes with the narrower primary and it does help but then the left rear pass floorboard hits my leg. Life in the short lane. Lol

dceggert

I agree and that is my plan. I know they has GS demos. Not sure if they have PAs in stock yet

Old 06-16-2021, 06:32 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
I just look at it this way, the Pan Am chassis and motor open Harley up to so many more types of motorcycles which means there is a viable reason to buy American again. Frankly, while I love the looks of the big twin Indian and Harley I cannot justify their price for lack of features. The Pan Am puts Harley in an odd place because this 20k machine has features even 30k Harleys cannot dream about nor the 40k models.
I have been saying this. 21K, you get heated grips, cruise, adjustable front brake and clutch levers, adjustable windscreen, adjustable seat hight, cruise, adaptive headlights, five ride modes, plus two user configureable modes, traction control, wheelie control, Headset pairs to bike with out a 400 dollar WHIM, and volume is better than on the CVO when paired. I know I am missing stuff. Love the bike.

Harley needs to step it up with the Touring bikes.

The following 2 users liked this post by FLSTFI Dave:
sped (06-16-2021), stratplexi (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 06:37 AM
Spivitz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,412 Likes on 2,300 Posts

I saw one Sunday, looked Purdy

Old 06-16-2021, 07:15 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,065 Likes on 12,183 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
I have been saying this. 21K, you get heated grips, cruise, adjustable front brake and clutch levers, adjustable windscreen, adjustable seat hight, cruise, adaptive headlights, five ride modes, plus two user configureable modes, traction control, wheelie control, Headset pairs to bike with out a 400 dollar WHIM, and volume is better than on the CVO when paired. I know I am missing stuff. Love the bike.

Harley needs to step it up with the Touring bikes.
Yup. This is the math many are now doing which may be the downside to PA - it makes everything else in the lineup look bad by comparison as far as technology goes. I was in the dealership to get a part for my bike yesterday and looked at a pretty Billiard Red over Black Limited - $34 grand! No way, no how even before the PA was introduced. But even more so now.

My 2014 has 54K miles on it and normally I would trade it. But honestly, there isn't a bike out there that fills that role in my stable (two up touring rig for long rides) that I want. Sure, the new Harley Touring bikes are a little improved over what I have. But not enough that I want to commit to a purchase because my bike does it's job pretty well.

As I've said in the past, for me to buy, I need more power, better suspension, less weight, all in the basic riding position that the Street Glide gives me, which is perfect for my size. The Indian Challenger is on the right track but I don't want an Indian - I want another Harley. So I'm just sitting on what I have until the right bike is built. Now that they have the PA, maybe my wait won't be much longer.

The following users liked this post:
'05Train (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 07:50 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Yup. This is the math many are now doing which may be the downside to PA - it makes everything else in the lineup look bad by comparison as far as technology goes. I was in the dealership to get a part for my bike yesterday and looked at a pretty Billiard Red over Black Limited - $34 grand! No way, no how even before the PA was introduced. But even more so now.

My 2014 has 54K miles on it and normally I would trade it. But honestly, there isn't a bike out there that fills that role in my stable (two up touring rig for long rides) that I want. Sure, the new Harley Touring bikes are a little improved over what I have. But not enough that I want to commit to a purchase because my bike does it's job pretty well.

As I've said in the past, for me to buy, I need more power, better suspension, less weight, all in the basic riding position that the Street Glide gives me, which is perfect for my size. The Indian Challenger is on the right track but I don't want an Indian - I want another Harley. So I'm just sitting on what I have until the right bike is built. Now that they have the PA, maybe my wait won't be much longer.
Same situation here. I'd love to upgrade my '16 to a bike with RDRS.....But not for $34,000. Not when I just bought a PAS with nearly the entire P&A catalog thrown at it for around $26,000.

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:41 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

The PA is in my opinion a game changer for the Adv riding segment. I am predicting you will see Harley take the number 1 spot...at least on the full size bike. BMW and KTM offer lots more sizes and models so overall sales may be higher. Everything I have read or watched has been overwhelmingly positive. I am really happy for Harley.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:05 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by stratplexi
The PA is in my opinion a game changer for the Adv riding segment. I am predicting you will see Harley take the number 1 spot...at least on the full size bike. BMW and KTM offer lots more sizes and models so overall sales may be higher. Everything I have read or watched has been overwhelmingly positive. I am really happy for Harley.
It'll be interesting to see if Harley offers a mid-sized ADV bike (around a 700) in the near future. That's a burgeoning market and would really help cement their place as a viable ADV manufacturer.

100hp, 400 pounds, and under $14k. They'll sell every one they can build.

The following 2 users liked this post by '05Train:
Dan D. (06-16-2021), nevada72 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 09:15 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
It'll be interesting to see if Harley offers a mid-sized ADV bike (around a 700) in the near future. That's a burgeoning market and would really help cement their place as a viable ADV manufacturer.

100hp, 400 pounds, and under $14k. They'll sell every one they can build.
400# wet would be difficult. A KTM 890 Adventure.is pretty close but even it's 440.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:29 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ridewva
400# wet would be difficult. A KTM 890 Adventure.is pretty close but even it's 440.
Agreed, I was thinking dry weight. 450~ish ready to ride.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Pan America -final form