Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Big-ASS Stage III And IV Kits For H-D Milwaukee Eights

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,995 Likes on 7,298 Posts

Originally Posted by RK4ME
That "Stage" stuff will be the death of Harley Davidson or at least the M8. Why shouldn't I buy another brand that is already engineered and built for maximum performance and reliability, instead of having to pay extra and bolt it on?
I sure hope they don't need to sell "Stages" for the Revolution Max engines.

I totally disagree. He stage kits are all different. They come on at different RPM’s for different riding styles, desires and needs. Name any other brand that offers this in so many varieties. Just like everything else you build your HD the way you want. These stage kits are so easy to install and preform very well with a warranty! Great marketing plan in my opinion. I’ll admit that we purchased the 117 Stage III and glad we did it!

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 10-09-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,070 Likes on 2,035 Posts

The stage thing isn't something new for HD...they've been doing it for years and they're actually pretty good at it...hardly think it will be the death of them lol. HD is the only motorcycle manufacturer that sells you a new bike then sells it to you again a piece at a time...they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making money. Sure there's more power in the aftermarket but for people that want to have a warranty they now have a few more options.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:15 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,702 Likes on 3,089 Posts

131"?

Too much heat...

Not enough thump.

The following users liked this post:
Iron lHorse (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 08:08 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I totally disagree. He stage kits are all different. They come on at different RPM’s for different riding styles, desires and needs. Name any other brand that offers this in so many varieties. Just like everything else you build your HD the way you want. These stage kits are so easy to install and preform very well with a warranty! Great marketing plan in my opinion. I’ll admit that we purchased the 117 Stage III and glad we did it!
Yesterday I looked at a new non-current Kawasaki Versys 1000LT for $10K and I look at my BMW R9T which is also a $10K bike. They both make 110 HP, have good off-idle power and a linear power delivery up to redline. My Beemer has an additional power hit up near the redline, which is why I don't need a tach to tell me when to shift if I'm in a hurry. I'd have to spend a fair amount of time and money to get a Harley to run like that.
I don't think that the average motorcyclist wants to buy a "Stage" kit when he or she can buy the same or better performance for a lot less money with another brand. I think Harley should sell the M8 bikes built for max power but with Rain, Touring, and Sport ride modes, or something like that.

Last edited by RK4ME; 10-09-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,995 Likes on 7,298 Posts

Yesterday I looked at a new non-current Kawasaki Versys 1000LT for $10K and I look at my BMW R9T which is also a $10K bike. They both make 110 HP, have good off-idle power and a linear power delivery up to redline. My Beemer has an additional power hit up near the redline, which is why I don't need a tach to tell me when to shift if I'm in a hurry. I'd have to spend a fair amount of time and money to get a Harley to run like that.
I don't think that the average motorcyclist wants to buy a "Stage" kit when he or she can buy the same or better performance for a lot less money with another brand. I think Harley should sell the M8 bikes built for max power but with Rain, Touring, and Sport ride modes, or something like that.
No argument from me. They are all great bikes and have their niche markets. To me that is comparing apples and oranges, but just my opinion. Ride and enjoy what makes you happy, I do.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
cvo_street_glide (11-04-2023), RK4ME (10-10-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 09:56 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,875 Likes on 11,964 Posts

I thought HD got in trouble with the EPA with the Screaming Eagle off road, racing use only stage kits.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,907 Likes on 4,132 Posts

New Big-*** Stage III And IV Kits For H-D Milwaukee Eights
Hmmm, kits modeled after Kim Kardashian.

soldierbot (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 10:02 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

Those are not 10k bikes.

Super2k (05-07-2021)
Old 10-09-2020, 10:45 PM
mark.franklin
Intermediate
Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts

Agreed. That's why I have this as well as the Harley. Rain, Street, and Sport fuel maps from the factory, ABS and multiple levels of traction control. And it's only about an $8500 bike these days.

Last edited by mark.franklin; 10-09-2020 at 10:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mark.franklin:
gscully (10-10-2020), RK4ME (10-10-2020), Super2k (05-07-2021)
Old 10-10-2020, 01:03 AM
Mart
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 293 Posts

Those bikes are for a different type of riding. If I wanted to ride like that, I too would get something other than a Harley.

At the moment, I'm feeling no need to spend 5k to 10k on my bike. Happy for those that do, especially those that do it themselves. But, I do notice a lot of the M8 "I've a problem " posts, are from people who have modified their bikes.

Sol-Invictus (10-10-2020)

Quick Reply: New Big-ASS Stage III And IV Kits For H-D Milwaukee Eights