General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try those "amazing gas drops" by forum sponsor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try those "amazing gas drops" by forum sponsor?

Saw the banner at the top of the page and thought I'd visit their website to see what kind of snake oil they were trying to sell; but they do have a 'testimonial' of sorts in the form of a supposed article from dyno testing at MMI's Arizona campus....so just wondering if anyone has actually tried their products and found any merit.....or not.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:20 PM
tank69
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone try those "amazing gas drops" by forum sponsor?

Never tried those personally, but every "amazing", "super", "mega" gas additive I have ever tried in my car, HD, sportbike, dirtbike and quad did NOTHING. There is no substitute for the highest octane and cleanest gas you can buy from a station IMHO.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Agree with above. This stuff is normally just octain boost.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda figured as much... The way many of us have been burned on products like this in the past, I would imagine its going to be a tough sell for these forum sponsors. Maybe they'd be better off to give some samples to forum members like PhilM and a few others who have great running bikes already and do their share of dyno time. Word of mouth, to the good, would jump start sales with an endorsement from some well respected members here.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: tank69

Never tried those personally, but every "amazing", "super", "mega" gas additive I have ever tried in my car, HD, sportbike, dirtbike and quad did NOTHING. There is no substitute for the highest octane and cleanest gas you can buy from a station IMHO.
Just so you know, high octane gas is harder to burn than low octane gas, so unless you have really high compression or you are running alot of totaltiming on your ride, you are actually getting less performance and gas milage out of high octane gas...

Chris

Old 07-28-2007, 04:12 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Just so you know, high octane gas is harder to burn than low octane gas, so unless you have really high compression or you are running alot of totaltiming on your ride, you are actually getting less performance and gas milage out of high octane gas...

Chris
hey chris thanks for understanding high octane fuel and compression. the outside tempature will also play into the performance when you get high octane. i read all the time people on here talking about high octane. makes you wonder when the compression ratio is 8.9:1 on a stock vtwin.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Chris

Never heard this I was always told that that the higher octane means better explosion.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: tlb
hey chris thanks for understanding high octane fuel and compression. the outside tempature will also play into the performance when you get high octane. i read all the time people on here talking about high octane. makes you wonder when the compression ratio is 8.9:1 on a stock vtwin.
I know, I have tried to explain it, but so many people just don't understand. Hi octane gas is for high compression engines.

Simple as that.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

if any of them ever owned an inboard boat with a v6 or v8 marine engine they would understand. low octane on a hot summer day you cant get the engine to shut down it just keeps dieseling. my boat mechanic explained to be reason you need to burn high octane in the summer because of the high compression engine. it also at the same time explain why in a normal car it is a waste of money to buy high octane fuel and where the compression has to be for it to run correctly.
I Think people actually thing premium unleaded is better fuel quality and not just higher octane. "i will only put the best in my baby" just getting gas from a quality store you get quality fuel. only difference i the cost is the level of the octane rating.
If anyone thinks i am wrong please tell me why i am open for any argument based on fact.
If you want to test this wait tell this winter when temperature drops and fill you bike with regular unleaded. dont go off of the way it feels or sounds you could be bias. check your MPG then fill with premium higher octane and check your MPG.
this has to be done with the second tank not the first since you have to flush the remaining fuel in your tank.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:50 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

rant is over now, sorry. i just had this conversation the other day in person. you could tell he based his decision off it cost more must be better.

Quick Reply: Anyone try those "amazing gas drops" by forum sponsor?