Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I get the dealers to "Compete" on the price of a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 11:53 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,376 Likes on 2,638 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsjr321
So you calling me out is different how? I'm going to go try and make a difference. I'm going to pack my lunch and go to work so I can help this guy get the motorcycle he so desperately needs.
Edited: Deleted

Last edited by jamala00; 09-29-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:06 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,535 Likes on 6,274 Posts

OP, I think you would have less depression and stress if you had a better outlook on life. I think the education system in Seattle failed you. You were obviously taught a revisionist history, according to the below quote.

Thank you for your service. Try to open your mind to Conservatives and find a spiritual life, it will help you with your mental , and physical issues.

“FranBunnyFFXII , 09-06-2019 09:14 AM
Road Captain
I think a lot of people dont really remember that the reason we had such a good economy in the 50s~60s, and the 90s to 2000s is because we we're bombing or had already bombed out the biggest competition to our global economy, and in the 90's the Japanese economy went bad and tons of Japanese interests went bankrupt.
Other countries had no choice but to import American goods.
But then the 70s came around, and in current time, american goods are being tarrif competed out by doofus in charge, and we're gonna head for a crash, and reganomics completely ****ed over 2 generations of people, and let the medical and banking industries run rampant.
The only thing dumbshit in chief is currently doing that will help harley davidson at this time is offering to open up trade to the UK after brexit. A lot of Brits love harleys, and Boris will likely negotiate out tarrif import costs for Motorcycles and vehicals to export to the UK more easily.

But nothing's gonna fix that disparity of wealth issue, or the lack of increasing wages vs inflation without major political overhaul, and current Dipshit in chief certainly isn't interested in it.
If harley wants to sell more motorcycles, the average person needs to be able to afford one. Not just the lucky handful, or the people who decide that a motorcycle is better suited for them than a car.”

Old 09-29-2020, 12:11 PM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,704 Likes on 4,221 Posts

[QUOTE=FranBunnyFFXII;19432118] I'm pretty intent on getting a brand new bike, and not interested much in used unless it's a stellar deal.
Any buying advice you guys got I'm all ears.[QUOTE]

Drop that attitude and you'll be open to a TON of "like new" bikes in great shape with low miles and probably many accessories for thousands less than new.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:23 PM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,598 Likes on 4,196 Posts

This is my approach. Mileage may vary.

Why not do your homework and get a really good idea of where you want this to land?

You don't need to pit these guys off of each other to get a deal that you feel great about. Pick a dealer that you want to work with and then start working with them. Once you've decided where you need this to land, you do your best to get the dealer to get there, or you move on.

Negotiations also go way better if you are not just big hat no cattle....some cash and great credit really help you leverage better deals.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:35 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,162 Likes on 11,386 Posts

Inventories are low for both new and used bikes, so don’t expect a great deal below MSRP. Frankly, for a toy I don’t get all wrapped up in saving what amounts to $10 to $20 per month over the time I own the bike. But, the best deal I ever got, was buying my new ‘17 Limited when the ‘19s were coming out. I got it about $8K off. But that was because the mother ship over produced...don’t expect that again.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:57 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,765 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
OP, I think you would have less depression and stress if you had a better outlook on life. I think the education system in Seattle failed you. You were obviously taught a revisionist history, according to the below quote.

Thank you for your service. Try to open your mind to Conservatives and find a spiritual life, it will help you with your mental , and physical issues.

Ok mods this thread has obviously gone so far off the rails that it serves absolutely no purpose.
You can lock this if you want.

The following users liked this post:
Herrick (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 02:48 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,786 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Maybe this will help ??

Thanks UNK! No it makes sence

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Harlee5438
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

OP,fibromayglia has nothing to do with Military service,its a GENETIC disease,PTSD is a different animal if you were in a war overseas.I have a son in-law who claims PTSD and has never been overseas in a war, so I don't see how the taxpayer should be paying for that type of disability,yea he spent 12yrs in the military as a supply Sgt. sitting behind a supply desk till the military took his vault key rights away and discharged him,also how does your settlement amount relate to a vehicle you're intending to buy?
I know what military is, spent 8 yrs in it,never heard of a situation like yours,but to each his own.Good luck in your endeavors

The following 2 users liked this post by Harlee5438:
Bricklayer (02-08-2021), jcsjr321 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 07:02 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,164 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by coolbreeze3646
Finance it, pay for a couple of months, then payoff the loan with cash. There is no penalty for paying off the loan early. You do not have to tell them this and you might get a lower price if they think money is to be made with the financing.
Back when I bought the '09, I walked in with a pile of cash. They said they did not want that, too many red flags about big cash transactions. They had a 6 months same as cash option, and kicked me back $100 in store credit if I waited 3 months to pay it off. I guess that way they still got paid.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:45 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
OP~
For buying a bike, check this site for dealer cost...www.seedealercost.com

Do this bid process, just like the military does. Good luck!
please don't do this like the military does,!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, act like it is your own money

Quick Reply: How do I get the dealers to "Compete" on the price of a bike?