General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid things HD does...............

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Fun Rider 05
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stupid things HD does...............

After reading this thread it makes me wonder why we would ever by a second HD.

I did because I'M HOOKED

Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 AM
mistermooster
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That idiotic air temp gauge on glides, with the sensor inside the fairing. That was brilliant .

Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior

Here's another one for ya. Why do the instructions that come with a lot of the HD accessories SUCK so damn bad!! Ever try to follow the instructions on installing the quick release docking kits for your sissybar/luggage rack? Royal friggin' PITA!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:33 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

ok,, I dont want this to come off as a BAG ON H. D. post,, but you all gotta agree to some degree,
some of the MOCO's ideas, designs etc,,, got me wondering,, WTF,, ? Who built this....bla bla...
why I started this,, I just got done doin a Prim'y and Tranny oil change on the Ultra.....
so,,, here it goes,,,,"STUPID THINGS FROM H.D.!!!
#1. Why int the he11 do I have to remove the pass. floorboard + a 5 bolt cover to add oil to the
Prim'y??? couldnt they make a oil fill hole like on the tranny?
#2,, Who came up with these friggin "O" rings on the drain plugs,,, no other motors use it this way?
Use a shouldered bolt with teflon/copper washer,,, worked on every auto for years
#3..I have awsome set of tools,,, lots of tools,,,,, Why after this oil change is 1/4 of them layin on the floor??? torx,allens,sockets,ratchets,
couldnt they make all bolt heads standard???
#4 Biggest one for now,,, and for the life of me can't figure it out,,,
with 2 bikes I gotta get out the manual every oil change,, cause..
to check the oils,, on, level,, or jiffy stand,, dip stick in,, all the way in , setting on the lip,,not screwed in,,,
leaning staright up,pointing left, pointing right, sun up, sun down,,,, Jeeee-sus H cee-rist!!!
why cant they all be like the oil dip stick,, on jiffy push it in, pull it out,,,can anyone get their bike to stand upright?

thats my start,,,, let us hear yours

number 1 is MONEY. if they have to engineer more parts and stock more parts it costs them lots of it. if it costs $1 for the extra parts you speek of and they make 300,000 bikes thats $300,000 extra they need to spend to make the same amount of bikes.
number 2 is the same answer MONEY. a rubber o-ring is cheeper than a copper washer.
share holders of the moco only care about the bottom line. more money for the moco means more money for the share holders.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:45 PM
vegashd
Banned

Have any of you owned anything but an HD motorcycle?

All these things you mentioned is also the problem on most every bike I have owned. From watercraft to UTV, to ATV, to streetbikes, to dirtbikes. EVERY manufacture has these problems and many of them have others as well.

The automotive side of things is no different... They all have their ideas and things...

Everyone wants a bike to look right, to look good, to look sleek. Change is not easily accepted in any form or fashion and the smallest changes cost big bucks!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

What I hate the most is their t-shirts shrink too much [:'(] Why can’t they make a size between large and X-large [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Unamed
Road Master

The worst insult to the FLHR Road King owners!!!! You spend 18-20k on this bueatifully desgned and crafted motorbike and everytime you sit on the damn just as your hand is going to the ignition switch what do you see?

A damn washer and screw sitting dead center in the console. Who the hell had that day off at teh design factory????

Harley designer: "Ah hell, Jim's off today and he still hasnt figured out how to stabilise the lower half of that console. Screw it, go down to ACE hardware and get me some washers and screws, we'll have these things int he showrooms by monday!"

[:'(]

Old 07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

What I hate the most is their t-shirts shrink too much [:'(] Why can’t they make a size between large and X-large [sm=confused06.gif]
since I gained a small belly in the last year i need the SAME thing.. thats funny..... they fit great when new though..

Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

why do they put the bike ground on a paintnd frame and expect that little star washer to make good contact???

Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

make the tins so light they crack

Quick Reply: Stupid things HD does...............