General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Overpants...Ride report.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Leather Overpants...Ride report.

I learned about overpants on this forum on another post. So, I bought a pair from Jamin Leather. I went ahead and paid the extra 20 bucks for their 4 year no-fault warranty.

http://www.jaminleather.net/prodinfo...tem=4&mitem=12

In the catalog, they state to buy them one size, (2 inches) larger than your usual pants size. That worked just about right, with plenty of room for whatever extra clothes I decide to wear under them. I might have to buy a 2 inch longer belt for them, but for now, they're workin ok as is. Also, they're lined down to the end of the side zipper, to where the snaps start. They sent extra snaps too, which is a plus in case one of them fails.

It was 40 degrees when I left home for work, which is 16 miles away. The ride was no cooler, to me, than riding in about 70 degree weather. The pants worked fine, like chaps, but better in they cover what chaps don't!

If you're thinking about a pair of overpants for extending your riding season, get a pair of these!

Old 11-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leather Overpants...Ride report.

Hey thanks for the report SportyReb - These are the same ones CohibaJoe was talking about in another post - Mine should be here shortly and I feel a lot better about the size I ordered! Glad they worked well for ya

Old 11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
dynamac
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info. I've been going back an forth about buying a pair. I think you just sold me on them.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:31 AM
buckanddot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine for a coupla years now and haven't wore chaps since I got em. Don't wear em all the time, only when it's cold out. Takes a while to "break" em in, and to get used to the extra bulk when gettin on and gettin off, but for cold weather riding protection.... you can't beat em.